You're welcome.

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Boulja Boy Tell 'Em, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

this thread went viral

• Like Like x 2
  2. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

Can't we just love each other and realize that Highwon puts a lot of work into this server and none of us except (Maybe) Admins or higher REALLY know what goes on? One day the community can be left in the dark and that is not what a majority of us want.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I can tell you that the way you're acting reminds me of a young man I once met. He thought he was all high and mighty and knew more than the younger individuals around him. He was also very ignorant in his ways. You can always learn something from anyone you meet; regardless of age. Sure, you may have a little more life experience, but let me ask you how long you've been a part of Serious TTT. Were you here to see the rise and fall of ideals and values of staff and community members? Have you seen the good and the bad here?

4. TruMan

TruMan VIP

I'm not talking about knowledge or life experience. I'm talking about maturity level. I'm fully aware that all of the mods are, without a doubt, intelligent people. The way they act and what they know are two different things.

5. This thread = harassment central

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. DocFox

Which is exactly why I'm curious as to why you brought up your age and being in the military with a law degree in your statements. Even calling them "young people" doesn't describe how they act. I've seen "young people" act a whole hell of a lot more mature than people my age and older, so the age thing shouldn't be a problem for you. Also, if you've seen so many kids abuse, why haven't you gathered evidence and reported them? Being a man of the justice system, I am also sure that you understand that the punishment should fit the crime, with consideration of a person's history.

7. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

The way you present yourself in-game and on the forums show that your maturity is below the majority, if not all, of the staff

• Like Like x 1
  8. urisk2

urisk2 ~Rawr~ I'm a polar bear VIP

For those of you still arguing in this thread a good vocab word is ad hominem. Not to mention this thread has gone wildly off topic.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. TruMan

TruMan VIP

Firstly, The age and degree thing is to establish some sort of credibility. Equality and fairness can easily correlate back to the military and justice systems. My age combined with these things can account for some type of evidence that I've had to grasp maturity to handle certain situations. I can almost, without a doubt, guarantee that if you were to do a social experiment on the consistency of maturity among a younger age group, they would fall into the favor of younger people tend to be a little bit less mature. I'm not there is nothing wrong with that... except for when you're in a position of authority.

Secondly, I do believe the punishment should fit the crime. This is where equality and fairness both deserve to be injected into the conversation. The punishment should fit the crime, which correlates to fairness. Mods should not receive lesser punishments than a first time player, which falls under equality. Period.

Teez, I admit, I act wild in the game. It's just a game. I'm not a mod, so I have no obligation to act mature. I'm mature when I'm at work. When I'm doing fundraising or volunteering. If I'm at home, with my family, my wife, or in a video game, why should I act mature if I'm in no position of authority.

Urisk makes an excellent point, but it does not apply to me mentioning younger people. If you disagree, go ahead and take a look at APA's graphs on page 8 and 9 here: http://fairsentencingofyouth.org/wp.../Are-Adolescents-Less-Mature-Than-Adults1.pdf

/thread

10. DocFox

The issue with the punishment fitting the crime for mods, @TruMan, is that mods have different standards to uphold, along with the rules already set in place. We see mods false slay, and slay themselves when they do; eye for an eye. Mods punish themselves when they should. The issue is that because they hold a title, it will seem as if when they mess up, it occurs so frequently that they shouldn't be staff. When, in reality, the mods are playing by the rules and taking punishments as others would. Just as with regular players, staff members that break rules are punished, but it's not held against them forever.

11. TruMan

TruMan VIP

@MangoTango I'm aware that mods mess up. My whole tangent started off in regards to abusive mods who refuse to accept that they had messed up or lie or ban without following protocol or etc.

12. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

Please report any staff member who does anything of that sort.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DocFox

And they should be held responsible, but all we need to do is gather evidence and report them. I will admit that I don't see as much accountability now as I did in the past. Maybe because the staff has grown so much. Maybe it could use a couple more admins and less mods per admin. There should also be things that are more concrete between admins, such as reprimand protocol.

14. TruMan

TruMan VIP

Well @Darktooth the problem is they typically aren't. I reported someone yesterday who had been reported two times prior (on the same day), each resulting in a "talk." Evidence isn't easy to get in most cases, especially if you have a brand new player vs. someone who has been around for a while. You're basically saying that every player on the server needs to record their games to hold mods accountable. But I agree with you on this point @MangoTango .

15. DocFox

Well, I know the accounts of which you are speaking, but there's only a couple options when giving an individual a punishment: counseling or demotion. That all comes with weighing the risks vs the benefits of each option. If an individual shows promise, then they shouldn't be demoted for making a mistake when they are brand new. I supervise a few troops and know that they will make mistakes. I also must keep in mind that I made the same kinds of mistakes and was given the right tools to become who I am now. I think we can end our banter on this thread on a progressive note with some agreement.

Keep in mind, "Rome wasn't built in a day."

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. I love how every single staff member says that. Not everybody records all day dn take screenshots every second. You also will auto lose in a report against an abusive mod without evidence. Then that mod gets away with abusing.

17. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

How else do you catch someone who is stealing money in a workforce? You check the secuirty cameras. We need evidence; we cannot just demote someone off of your word alone.

18. DocFox

I also want to add that your word carries a lot more weight with a good reputation. Your behavior plays into your reputation. Keep that in mind.

19. Finn

Finn Human VIP

Obs runs on pretty much anything, I think my toaster would still be 720p. All jokes aside, just like you should record any and all encounters with police IRL, I highly suggest that if you feel a certain mod is abusing, pop out of your window, start recording, and don't stop til they leave, note who it is, and just record whenever they get on a server you happen to be on. Most staff only staff for 2-3 hours on one server at a time at most, and if they really are abusive and not just making newb mistakes, you'll catch it and can now easily report it. We want to help you help us make this server better.

20. Rezz

Rezz Member

I find all of this kind of funny, me being somebody who doesn't play much at all. Mount and Blade: Warband is where it's at.