STTT ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Spitefulvenom, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Spitefulvenom

Spitefulvenom So long TTT! Administrator VIP

if supa hot fire did it would he be supa cold water?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Ooooooo snapppppppp

3. CDriscoll

CDriscoll Lemme advise you VIP Bronze

I nominate Skip the Dip to do the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and I don't have to do it because I'm swag (and I already did it when IRL friends nominated me ;) )

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. My sister has to do the challenge

5. Spitefulvenom

Spitefulvenom So long TTT! Administrator VIP

6. Kalvinjetson13

Kalvinjetson13 *CALCIUM INTENSIFIES* VIP

no proof

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Stardust

Stardust The carousel never stops turning. VIP

ALS is a disease of the spinal cord and brain, also referred to as Lou Gehrigs' disease. ALS affects the nerve cells that control voluntary movement. Usually starts off with difficulty buttoning clothes and as the disease progresses your symptoms, obviously, get worse. The ALS will cause the function of your arms and legs to disappear until the person is no longer capable to take care of themselves. This is a small view into ALS. I'm really glad this was the 'trend' of the summer because it is raising awareness for a disease that not a lot of people have. (In the U.S. the estimated number of people with ALS is somewhere in the neighborhood of 300'000 with around 6'000 diagnoses per year.) After doing my research I dumped a bucket full of icy cold water on myself, this is supposed to generate a small understanding of what it is like to have Lou Gehrigs' because when the water hits you, you experience a numbness similar to ALS, and donated to the cause.

If you want to donate, just do it before you get nominated.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2