Opalcraft: Community Minecraft Server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Opalium, Jun 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -tyler

-tyler My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case. VIP Bronze

There ya go ;) i donated.
    I don't want the server of direwolf to be shutdown, but if it comes to that. Then I'd love to download the map.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Darragh

Darragh VIP

Tbh I feel the exact same way. But with this new server, you'll just be playing on it yourself. Its just gonna be singleplayer with more crashes and connection issues. It's sad that the week everyone put into it is gone but it was really really fun while it was up imo

3. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

If I get hooked I'll throw $10 your way, but not on a monthly (I'll pay for each month I play), please setup a way for single donations.

4. Adminツ

Adminツ VIP

count me in daddy >///<

• Like Like x 1
  5. Adminツ

Adminツ VIP

[​IMG]

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

Tbf you can cancel the patreon thing at anytime so its basically a single donation if thats how u wanna do it

7. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

I added a PayPal option for those interested in a single donation (or don't want to use Patreon):
    [​IMG]

As for updates: as you can see in the spreadsheet, I'm almost done sorting through the mods. I believe the mod pack itself will be ready sometime later today. Once this is done I can start setting up the server itself. I'll have the mod pack available for download earlier for those who want to experiment (and you can use it to report any issues I might have missed).

As for the old direwolf server, I will keep it for a few more days to make sure you all have a chance to finish up your things, and then shut it down and have the map available for download. Factions is going to be delayed for later, after I see how this server works out.

Cheers!

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Adminツ

Adminツ VIP

what version will the factions be? please be 1.7 or 1.8 since anything above that, the pvp is just :vomit:

9. Noob999

Noob999 The best Noob around. VIP

Pendant of Life a stand-in for a grave mod does not look very good. it's not craftable and the Everlasting Pendant of Life looks to be disabled by default.

Pendant of Life mod should work with Tomb Many Graves 2.
    I would like something that will work 99% of the time over something that is very rare.
    or we could have the best of both worlds and use both :D

in the rare case it does not work. a admin can run [/tmg_restore (playersname) latest ]
    to return the items without needing the grave.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  10. Opalium

As promised, the prototype pack is ready. It contains only the mods themselves, without any additions. This is meant for anyone who wants to experiment before I launch the server - you can set up a new profile and drop them in the mods folder, then start a new world with it.
    Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tIE1XWvBtj9qOG8SwaBXXD3KsmcgMjOv
    This is NOT the official mod pack. It doesn't contain any of the configs, scripts or edits. The final package WILL be different.

As for the server itself, now that the mod list is finalized I can start working on setting it up. I expect it to be ready tomorrow, if nothing goes wrong. Better get ready!

Lastly, I'd like to also take a minute to thank all of you who donated so far. I wasn't expecting so much support in such a short time, and I am very grateful for your help. :love:
    As an additional thanks, I will add a cosmetic "Supporter" rank in-game for anyone who donated (and wants to have it). It's purely cosmetic (no gameplay benefits), but it's the best I can do to show my gratitude!

And to everyone else: thank you for sticking with me so far! I hope this new server will be even more successful than before.
    See you tomorrow!

Unfortunately it seems we don't have much choice here. To have both Factions and mods at the same time we must use Sponge, but it only supports v1.10 to v1.12. So unless we go purely vanilla, we can't use anything below that.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Han

Han       VIP

this is the beginning of the end...

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Noob999

• Like Like x 1
  13. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

I honestly thought those were included in one of the Thermal Expansion mods we had. I think Ender IO has RF ducts too (named conduits in the pack) but if i recall correctly there werent that many tiers

14. andrewca79

andrewca79 Malteser Forever VIP Silver

The conduits from Ender IO are great, you can fit mulltiple conduits in a 1 block space allowing for more compact wiring. They also have around 3 tiers of conduits as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Noob999

Looking at the conduits from Ender IO they look like for mid to end game play.
    by default they are setup for μI/t, I hope we do not end with 5 power systems like last server.

16. Opalium

I suppose we can add FluxDucts. It looks useful.

For power: what about a power converting mod? Like this one: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/power-adapters

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  17. Noob999

I'm not sure about that one.
    "This block has no crafting recipe. The block is intended for modpacks to set up and make it work with their own progression and balance systems. "
    I guess the balance could be hard to do.
    Ender IO does look good. is the a config to make all the Ender IO switch over to RF?

FluxDucts works well from early to late game. I would like it as well :D

18. Opalium

Updates:
    • The old server is now officially shut down. For anyone who is interested in continuing their work in singleplayer, the world is available for download here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tLuthBVDcM__OkXi86C2Z0w5yCUhbkFZ
    • @veri was successful in creating a dedicated launcher for our server (as if anyone had a doubt ;)). The launcher offers a simple 1-click download & installation of both the VR and NoVR version of Opalcraft, as well as auto updates for the mod pack. This will give us much better versatility when it comes to updates.
    • The new server is being prepared as we speak. Thanks to your generous donations so far, I was able to get a new and more powerful host machine. This, together with the more optimized mod pack we created, means a lot less lag and a lot more fun. Thank you for your help!

If all goes as planned, the new server will be ready in no more than a few hours. Stay tuned!

• Winner Winner x 7
  19. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

When will this launcher be released? I may hop in and mess around for a bit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. PixeL

PixeL Man märker andras fel och glömmer sina egna Banned VIP Silver

The real question is.. does the launcher support Mac and Linux? :cautious:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.