Name Backstory

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by andrewca79, May 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. zomborg

zomborg "She's like a little Satan." - CDriscoll 2015 VIP

I first joined the forums with the name "dickstorm". I got it from Diablo 3 because of the whirlwind-esque move crusaders have. Just looks like a bunch of dicks whipping around and made me laugh, so I kept it.

Then I applied for mod, so I changed it to fenga papit after the meme. I was told it was inappropriate, so I changed my name again to Ugly Christmas Sweater because I really couldn't bring myself to think of a name and that was the first thing that popped into my head.

After I got mod the first time, I changed my name to Cthuluhoop- hula hooping is a hobby of mine and I like Cthulhu and it turned into a nice play on words of sorts.

After I resigned, I changed my name to multipass because my hair was bright orange and yellow, just like leeloo dallas.

When I got mod a 2nd time, I changed my name to puddles because I couldn't think of a new name and @Finn said puddles would be a great name. I couldn't bother coming up with another name, so I kept it.

After I resigned again, I changed my name back to multipass and then finally to zomborg and it's been the same since 2015. I got zomborg because a good friend made some digital art of me as a robot zombie for Halloween and I wanted a corresponding name. A good friend of mine had a name similar to this and he suggested zomborg because it kinda rolls off the tongue and is unique, so I assumed the name and haven't changed since.

Not sure if I will change my name when/if I get promoted again, but we will see!

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

The name evolved into over 100 different spellings in countries around the world. Nicknames (Dan, Danny) are common in both English and Hebrew; "Dan" may also be a complete given name rather than a nickname. The name "Daniil" (Даниил) is common in Russia. Feminine versions (Danielle, Danièle, Daniela, Daniella, Dani, Danitza) are prevalent as well. The Dutch names "Daan" and "Daniël" are also variations of Daniel. A related surname developed as a patronymic, Daniels.[4] Other surnames derived from "Daniel" include McDaniel and Danielson.

In the United States, the U.S. Social Security Administration reports that Daniel has peaked as the fifth most popular name for newborns in 1985, 1990, 2007, and 2008.[5] The U.S. Census Bureau reported that in the 2000 census, "Daniels" was the 182nd most common surname in the U.S., while "McDaniel" was ranked at 323, and "Daniel" (without a final "s") was ranked at 380.[6]

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Valedict

Valedict VIP

R3sh - Reshiram
    Valedict - Song
    anime girl - you guess

4. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

U guys probably know why I chose this name lmao.

5. You know when bees leave their stingers in you and its kind of like a splinter?

yea that's it.