Magafe false slay

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by stormcreator, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

He started shooting after the body was ID'd but only 1 or 2 seconds hour according to Magafe.

2. Magafe

Magafe Banned

I slayed him on round 5 or 6, and I couldn't view the shot logs anymore. Go look for yourself, Go on old logs, Its the last office, Round 2.
    I was watching in spectator the traitor had a t weapon when he was shooting at sleath but i stopped watching them because of another reason.
    And zike i forgot to include the milliseconds. and I said that 1 or 2 second thing wrong.

3. Magafe

Magafe Banned

The traitor kills a detective but storm doesn't know who to shoot :|

4. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

No slay should have been given here Mag.

5. Sir Lemoncakes

Sir Lemoncakes Don't trust the other guy. The cake IS a lie. VIP

In this situation no slay should have been given, the player began shooting in the same seconds that the traitor was being killed, meaning that there was no way for the body to have been id'd.

6. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I'll give some advice to both Storm and Magafe on this subject.

First, Magafe. One of the largest to tell if this is RDM or not is either A) Shot logs or B) Damage logs. Since you don't have the shot logs of the round, take a look at how soon after the T and innocent started interchanging shots did Storm come in and shoot the innocent; like Kasta stated, if it were over 10 seconds or so, then I would lean more toward RDM and not killing someone for doing something traitorous. Please make sure you look at the logs as soon as possible and pay attention to the timeline associated with the event. If I were looking st the timeline of this event, I would not consider it RDM.

Secondly I want to give Storm some in-game advice; other players can take a piece of this, as well. When presented with a situation such as this one, ask yourself if you should be reactive or proactive. If you come around a corner and see two players shooting each other, take a little cover and wait to see what happens. Most traitors won't walk right toward a body and check it, because they could be killed as soon as it comes up innocent. If the player walks away or walks around for a bit before he ID's, I would kill him; based on the fact that he ignored an unID'd body. I understand that it can be tricky, but intuition comes with time.

Finally I want to let everyone know that we have plenty of newer moderators and I ask that you give them patience as they learn their newly assigned positions; this could have happened with any new moderator.

All that being said, I will lock this topic. The slay was not warranted. Whoever gets to it first, please make a note in the user's record.

Thank you!

7. Magafe

Magafe Banned

It was ID'd you can ask storm.

8. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

It doesn't matter if it was ID'd, storm damage Stealthyness in the same second that Stealthyness killed the traitor. That's less then a quarter of a second to identify that Stealthyness had killed a T.

9. Angelx

Angelx Always Innocent VIP

Usually the way I do it is.

If the person kills the T and gets killed within 5 seconds or was being shot at within 5 seconds after killing the T it's not rdm.

If the person that killed the T Id'd the body, the person shoots him after 5 + seconds, it would be rdm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.