League of Legends thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ryan4win, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

isn't this just like Elise with less CC?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mason

Mason VIP Silver

yeah but elise doesnt have a 0 cooldown dash

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Mason

Mason VIP Silver

okay what the fuck i just got out of a ranked game where we were all high silver/low gold.

why was my mid laner someone who had only played 3 ranked games in his entire life

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Wex

Wex The enemy of art is the absence of limitations VIP Bronze

I remember back in Season 3, everyone in the game had like 500 ranked games played, then there's this garen top who's doing his placements and his runepage was literally like 1 of every rune, energy regen and shit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mason

Mason VIP Silver

so @Falcor 's rune page

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Mason

Mason VIP Silver

graves shit graves sHit thats ✔ some gravesshit rightthere right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self i say so thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: two barrels ) mMMMMᎷМ НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ Graves shit

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. [​IMG]Feelsgoodman when you become doublelift but I got that A- cuz I roamed a lot instead of csing

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Rawgah

Rawgah Scrublord VIP

[​IMG]
    Soraka ADC is best ADC

9. Kitteh

Kitteh My Precious VIP Silver

[​IMG]
    ahhh only A+

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Csing and KDA are not the only factors towards s ranks. They are factors, but you can go 0/0/0 and get an S. I've been gathering data of all the s- S and S+ scores that I and players I have played with have gotten, and there is a huge variance. I've seen a Wukong to go 4/6/4 and get an S- and a different Wukong go 13/2/21 and go A- in similar length games.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
  12. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

Ayyy

13. Han

Han       VIP

My understanding was that you are not only graded on how well you did on that champ and on that role, but you are also compared to other people who played that role. A few weeks ago I tried it out by playing some trolly picks ( AP Pantheon support, AP Corki support, AP Ashe Support ) and in every single game I got an S, except the Pantheon game in which I got an S+. Most of the time I would have more deaths than kills, but also had double the deaths as assist.

Let's just say 1/5/15 as an example.

I've done much better than that on more normal supports such as Morgana, but compared to all the other morgana players on my mmr and what not, it was pretty normal. A+ and stuff, but not S tier; however, when I do above average as AP Corki support, which is probably never played with success, I get a much better rating.

14. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

These are good observations! One thing of note is that it is NOT only based around players of your MMR. Riot has announced several times that bronze or challenger, you're compared the same. The reasoning behind this is a separate paragraph that I can type up if you're interested.

Otherwise Han is 100% correct. Off-meta and weird positioned champs are much easier to attain higher grades with due to the fact that the system takes your role into consideration. You simply need to do OK with these picks to get S ranks where top level performance is required for meta picks.

Additionally, I have recently started tracking other factors of gameplay. The most recent things that my data go to show the highest correlation to S ranks are a champions kill participation %, map heat presence (being at teamfights and where your team is past laning), and presence for tower and objective takedowns. I am certain that riot is using other variables when they collect match data, but those 3 have the biggest pull towards S ranks that I have seen out of everything.

As a disclaimer I only have about 450 points of data at this point, and my findings are inconclusive also.

15. Mason

Mason VIP Silver

16. News Network

News Network broken VIP

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Mason

Mason VIP Silver

did you win

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Anna