Double Barrel poll.

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Classical, Apr 12, 2014.

?

Your thoughts on Double Barrel shotgun?

1. Remove it.

12.8%
  2. Nerf it.

16.8%
  3. Leave it alone.

41.6%
  4. Don't care.(null vote)

3.2%
  5. Change to D weapon

10.4%
  6. Change to T weapon

15.2%
  1. Phoenix Nelson

Phoenix Nelson Burn in the flames VIP

I think they should make it a detective weapon and the detective's shot gun (i forgot the name XD) can go to be traitor weapon... that way they both have a shot gun, but not everyone has a double barrel... the proven people after killing a T can get a double barrel if the Detective wants them to, and the Traitor can pick up the Double barrel after killing a Detective with one. That way the server isn't full of Innocents that might as well be sharks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. -spud-

-spud- Banned

^

Remove it please. Have enough shotguns that deal decent damage. Dont need more.

3. Red

Red Harbinger of Arceus VIP

+25 million

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. KingAngel

KingAngel The 50 year old 13 year old VIP

-1 everyone complains that the Double barrel is OP but really it's not it's not good from far range but it's amazing at close range that's what it's supposed to be like IRL right? everyone always chooses maps where you can get really close to someone than maybe stop picking those maps so you don't get Double barreled to the chin

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Red

Red Harbinger of Arceus VIP

I'm just gonna copy paste this from another thread regarding the same thing:

One shot, to any part of a ragdolls body, is a guaranteed kill, as long as all the pellets hit the person. It's even more OP than the harpoon, which sometimes leave people injured and is a lot harder to aim. You have 2 rounds in your clip, which can kill 2-4 people (Yes, it happened one time that I hit 2 people with 1 shot of a db and they both died. BOTH of them) Reload time is negligible, I don't know why people say it "takes forever" to reload. Reload time is about 5 seconds, and you can interrupt the reload time at 1 round in the clip, for a quickie kill. The pellet cone is so tight, that I have, in experience, used it to snipe people at "Badly Wounded" and "Near Death". The damage is incredibly high, the force of the pellets is incredibly high. Some people say that it's a close range shotgun, and that it's meant to have extremely high damage or it will be useless. Well, like I said, the cone of the pellets is extremely tight, that I have been able to snipe with it. Sniping with a shotgun, yes.

6. NinjaTigers

NinjaTigers New Member

Are you talking about the jack hammer? Because that thing has some RANGE! That is more of a rifle that shoots as a shotgun lol. But yes I agree, that would make the double barrel have a bit less threatening presence in a game.

7. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

The gun is fine.

If you learn to use the gun correctly its a beast, however its very easy to counter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Classical

Classical He who does not fear death dies only once. Bronze

Give an example of this counter if you can. Provided its within the shotguns effective range and both players are killing each other.

9. Carned

SL8 one shot to the head. Simple.

However TTT isn't about gunfights, its about getting kills subtly and getting away with it, something the Double barrel is perfect for,.

10. Classical

I don't get how that's an easy counter though, a headshot at close range with an SL8 is far from easy, while landing a shot with a DB is.
    We both agree that TTT is all about being subtle and not attracting attention.

To not type it all out again ill quote myself:
    Now replace "perfect" by "overpowered" in what you wrote, and what we both are saying is quite similar no?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  11. Carned

Not really, the traitors are supposed to have an advantage when it comes to quick and easy kills, trust me if you get KOS'd and 4 people shoot at you, aint no way your winning those gunfights.

12. NinjaTigers

NinjaTigers New Member

However if you do get in a firefight with a double barrel, if you don't kill with those first 2 shots you are dead. That is its weakness, that damn reload time.

13. Classical

In almost any scenario if you are at close range a DB is better than any other alternative.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. silentpamonha

silentpamonha Active Member

that.

15. Nerf it, but don't remove it

16. no to nerf and no to remove it

17. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Make it a freakin T weapon!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

Honestly, I think this would be the best solution. It's arguably a bit overpowered for innocents.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Classical

Possibly the best solution that has been brought up in the last week. Wouldn't make too many people angry and would generally solve the problem.

20. Classical

Seems there's alot of threads popping up about this problem now.