Discussion: Genders n shit

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Kyül, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Flan

Flan Banned VIP

I have a bad feeling about this..

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

I dunno, we haven't got @saverickandroll's input on this, yet

• Funny x 3
    • Confusing x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  4. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

Point out the part of my post where I said 'all'. Don't worry, I'll wait. :coffee:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Python~

It's a question. They are intended to be answered by the person who is asked. Don't worry, I'll wait. :coffee:

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Smusha

Smusha Meme Marine & Staffin' Machine VIP

Rick just explained his stance on the matter as well as pointing out some things that are cool and some things that are uncool to do.
    In his words, it's cool to be/feel/think what you want but it's uncool to impose it on others. That's all he said, never did he say everyone that's transgender does this or that and never did he assume anything.

Pointing out how to behave like a chill person and not an asshole does not mean he was labeling anybody as anything.(especially an entire group of people at once)

It's like me saying something like "It's cool to dress in red but it's not cool to force others to dress in red" and then you going "So you are assuming that all people that dress in red want to force others to dress in red?"
    No, I am not assuming anything, I am just saying what I believe is alright to do and what isn't no matter who you are or what you believe in.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Python~

My comment is somewhat influenced by previous comments he has made about transgendered people

Regardless, his comment here is full of implications

Implying he doesn't care much for genders other than male/female

Implying trans people do this in the first place
    Reminder: we are talking about trans people who use pronouns that aren't conventional, so assuming that he is talking about trans people is not a hefty assumption to make

Implying trans people fault the person who misgendered them more often that not, unaware they were trans

Implying trans people impose their beliefs on others

Unless his entire post was simply irrelevant to the entire conversation, we can guess that he was talking about trans people
    Or this thread was changed to "Life Advice" and I was unaware of it :confused:

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Gender is just a concept introduced by the government to oppress us. Isn't it a coincidence that when you are born you are told you are a boy or girl by a doctor who is payed by the government? No.

do whatever you want.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Zack

You keep saying trans but I get the impression you don't know what it really means, at this point. Trans is short for transgender, which implies you are 'transitioning' from one gender to the other. From male to female, or female to male. That is why there are males, females, and transgender people. I don't particularly care how many genders Tumblr thinks exists or what have you. You are born as a male or a female, with some rare exceptions. I will personally not change how I see people in day to day life until I know a person and gauge how they feel. If you want to be an attack helicopter, you do you, booboo. Until I know you, however, if I see you as a male and you are presented as such, you are a male, and it's by no means on ME to discern that in your heart of hearts you believe yourself to be an omnigender space-australian demiqueer otherkin.

Male/female/trans is all fine by me. What people do beyond that is their business and I'm certainly not humoring it.

'Pronouns'. Also not my business. I was raised in a system of common American English and we have terms for people and how we perceive them. I see a man, that's a he. I see a woman, that's a she. Anything else is a grey area and you're getting called 'dude'. I believe that trying to change that element of natural life for the 1% versus the 99% is hilarious. Take that as you will, I'll set my SJW outrage timer.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Python~

Have you met someone who has asked to be called an attack helicopter or a "xhe/xe/xer" or a "omnigender space-australian demiqueer otherkin"? I don't really understand it myself, but it has never come up in conversation with literally anyone I have ever met
    The fact is you are likely making a caricature of these kinds of people from the cringe anarchy videos you binge, or screenshots taken from furious keyboard warriors over at tumblr
    Who knows, maybe an omnigender space-australian demiqueer otherkin is actually really nice, and doesn't require you to discern they are such

If it's simple enough, I'll call someone their preferred gender. I have never met anyone that goes beyond male/female, and even if I did, I likely wouldn't be in contact with them for any meaningful length of time

If you want to call me an SJW that's fine, but I wouldn't identify myself in that regard. Idk if you can have a civil discussion without trying to call someone names, because I'm clearly extremely outraged :rage:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

it all comes down to whether you have a penis or a vagino and whether you'd rather have the other instead.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

Id rather have an attack helicopter between my legs

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. .shirt

.shirt VIP

It's simple for me,
    I DON'T CARE ASLONG AS THERE ARE STILL REAL FEMALES WITH REAL VAGINAS.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

You're presuming a lot of things he never said, man.
    He explicitly said he's cool with male, female, and trans people, but if someone wanders off into the woods of trigorgonoidpendingreportgender, he doesn't care. If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck, so he'll treat it as a duck.
    He ain't saying no disparaging stuff here, fam, what you getting into an argument over :confused:?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Python~

I'm not saying any disparaging stuff either. Not even really having an argument aside from the "SJW timer" comment. Just a discussion as to where he gets his views from, if not from his own experiences

16. Juice Juice™

The real solution is to create a gender non-specific pronoun for the English language. Bam. Problem solved. (It is seriously amazing we don't have that)

17. .shirt

.shirt VIP

So it doesn't work?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Juice Juice™

Grammatically speaking, not really

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Darth West

Darth West I am Darth West, Dark Lord of the Sith. VIP

I couldn't agree with this more.

Also I only see three things man, women, and outlier.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Zack

Ah, the argument from personal incredulity. You are a grand master of logical fallacy. I don't even need to rebut this.

'Fact'? No, assumption, which is ironically what you frequently accuse me of. My statements toward you, the ones that are directed toward you, are at the very least made on personal observations. Lol.

Doesn't matter if they're nice or not. I never spoke on personhood, that's a philosophical issue that is irrelevant to the thread. Hitler could have identified as an omnigender space-australian demiqueer otherkin, but the dude looks like a man, so I would have recognized him as a man. Why is that hard to understand?

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1