DarkRP - Thoughts and Ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Opalium, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

This thread has turned into a debate between xpro and roz while neither side wants to back down :/ anyways as a real poat to this I personally dont want to hace to advert raid etc but will id needed also xpro what map evocitys big and nice somewhat fps laggy though I hope we arent going defualt downtown @Xproplayer

2. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I just looked at a few maps today actually, Highwon had a good idea for an RP map where the spawn is something like a train station, so that each life feels new and fresh and you are new to the city. I've found a map or two that is between the size of evocity and downtown, but I haven't looked at them with the other content team members. As for adverting crimes, I'm confident we won't have that on the server.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Paradox

Also a extremely contreversal thing cars? yay or nay.

4. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I WANT cars, but it'll be very very heated, finding a map size that can fit up to 128 players yet doesn't require driving would be very hard. not to mention, they just might not scale to this server size, in which case I would opt for a type of teleporter system to get around the map.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Amr

Amr Benevolently Committed VIP Iron

I dont think we are having cars, depnding on the map agreed upon.

6. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I saw one server that had... two cars. both were motorcycle sized, that could be a compromise, but again we have to run the idea around the whole team as well as decide on a map or use cars as the decision factor for a map.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Paradox

Hey any chance you can look into this map it may need some edits https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=622810630

8. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Paradox

Theres a bug that would need fixing in terms of the bank vault ahead of time.

10. .shirt

.shirt VIP

11. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Whats the bug, it might be fixable with lua ideally.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Paradox

Bank vaults a bit wonky to open doesn't always open just refixing the button that gets pressed is all otherwise the map worked perfectly fine last time I used it it had ay decent fps gtx 770 80 ish fps constant though thats the same for mot maps and can probably be optimised.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Paradox

Sorry for double post that maps really big can fit a lot of cars.

14. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I noticed the hitboxes were a bit weird on it, but probably no way to make it slightly less buggy, I'll keep it in mind for when we test it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. VIP

rp_locality?

I used to play on a darkRP server that played nothing but that map, it was absolutely amazing.

16. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

also on the consideration list

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Paradox

Lot smaller then rockford also has some minor bugs.

18. ♠ Lanes ♠

♠ Lanes ♠ Member

Either the logging system must be bad or the staff is incompetent of using the logs to determine if it's a raid. Besides, they would have to lockpick or keypad crack to get into a base anyway - which a good logging system should have the logs for lockpicking and keypad cracking. pLogs is like Penguin's private logging system, bAdmin, for his own server, but he shits it out and a baby is born! Development for the logging system is no longer supported but it's still pretty decent. https://github.com/aStonedPenguin/pLogs-2

Just look at Danktown.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

These suggestions are wishful thinking. If the average DarkRP player was somewhere near what we'd consider a regular on the TTT servers this would be fine, but those suggestions for servers fall flat when a majority of players are the toxic players wanting to piss others off.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

We don't want to take addons from other servers, and danktown is a custom made map for their servers, not only would we not steal it, but the map has theft protection in place, if you tried to play the map on another server, it doesn't work.

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.