DarkRP - Thoughts and Ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Opalium, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wex

Wex The enemy of art is the absence of limitations VIP Bronze

Nothing wrong with custom jobs for donators, you just need restrictions for it. I have seen servers where it's done properly and the custom job is purely cosmetic.

• Like Like x 1
  2. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

I'd rather see us having a bunnyhop server, to have a calm place, where there isn't much hatred from the gameplay alone.

Personally I love Bhop by the way ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Amr

Amr Benevolently Committed VIP Iron

I forgot to mention that, this is completely correct, if donator jobs were restricted to not have unbelievable advantages and are logical then it should be fine.

I will edit that in for you.

4. Wex

Wex The enemy of art is the absence of limitations VIP Bronze

Most servers have a restriction on how much money can be robbed, usually a very small amount. Most people who mug do not mug for money, but mug for "Roleplay" or to try and kill the player.

5. Amr

Amr Benevolently Committed VIP Iron

As I said these can be fixed by having rules that does not allow this.

6. PixeL

PixeL Man märker andras fel och glömmer sina egna Banned VIP Silver

I played DarkRP a lot before coming here, and like everyone else stated, DarkRP is owned by trolls. Every server I join is pure toxicity and there are plenty of hackers as well on that (not saying that we can't deal with it, its just way harder).
    I feel like we shouldn't try and shove another server down since Deathrun and Minecraft are already struggling, this will just impede its growth even more and put it to a halt.
    IMO if we can get the DR server more populated & and fix the MC server and get people on to at least 15+ people almost every day then we could potentially move on to DarkRP.
    I would though, of course, take in everyone's opinion above as they've all got some really good points on if we should or not.

7. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

:ROFLMAO:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Trevor ッ

Trevor ッ VIP Bronze

How would donations work?

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

10. s1rcool

s1rcool Active Member VIP

DarkRP is a very fun gamemode in my experience. Hopping from servers to servers with different loads of content, such as the fact of adding custom jobs adds a little spice differs server from server, it certainly is much more diverse and exciting than TTT, potentially.

However, the thing with other communities is how Staff are power hungry and unfair. And the reason I expect DarkRP to be a good gamemode for this community is the fact of "seriousness" of the staff and regulars in this community. The staff actually take it seriously and professional, this I see would stand out from the rest of the servers and potentially make us popular as time passes.

For those people talking about how we should focus on other servers, I suggest that we can give it a shot at least, I don't think money is even a problem for Highwon.

TL DR +1

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

I personally just believe that DarkRP is the wrong gamemode to expand into. What I have found with my expiriences with it is that it can get very mondane and tedious after some time, and since that is exactly the cause why SMC is in a bad state I dont believe we should follow that path further.

If I could apport something, I would like to suggest that you guys (the upper admins and developer team) consider expanding into a more renewable, replayable, easy to get into gamemode. Like Hide&Seek or Prop Hunt. The charm that makes TTT such a long lasting gamemode is:
    • The fun factor: You can play it alone or with friends and you will still get a blast interacting with all the people and playing the game
    • The replayability: You can hop on this gamemode in 2 years and get the same experience quality that you got 2 years before (even better, if it was updated) so it keeps the game fresh and exciting, making more people come back every day to play some rounds. You dont have to account for players raiding you and stuff, you just get on the server and play the game.
    • How easy it is to get into: DarkRP is a gamemode that takes a lot to learn, and I think what threw most players off from SMC was how complicated it was. TTT has always been this gamemode where you get on, you quickly read some rules and then you just start shooting. Its a very simple gamemode, and that attracts a bigger potential playerbase.
    If you analize it, the two gamemodes previusly mentioned (Prop Hunt and Hide n´Seek) share all of these qualities with TTT. They could be implemented with a really similar format to TTT in terms of ranks and pointshops. I personally believe that Hide n´Seek is the best gamemode to expand into, and that so much could be done with it. And to refer to the reason I am writing here: I dont believe DarkRP is the way to go, and not just because of personal experience, but because I think it will make the same mistakes as SMC and it will fail.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. NeverEnding

NeverEnding It's Never going to end. Trust me on this. VIP

I do not know if this will backfire, but I plan to give it a try, how about Serious Morbus?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Owned

Owned VIP

lol after that mess of a minecraft "server"? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

14. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

Minecraft has had its rough weeks, but it isnt a "mess". We are currently making all an effort as a community to prevent it from being that and making it better. But I agree that DarkRP would be an even bigger and harder (sex joke not intended) task than MC, and it would probably fail. + The toxicity on RP servers is tremendous, and if yiou want to have one that competes with other you have to allow players to say the n and f word freely. *edit to make a clarification* WHICH IS NOT OK

15. .shirt

.shirt VIP

I think i've made a thread about this awhile back but i believe that if done correctly it has the chance of becoming a very popular gamemode not for just this community but for other people aswell who love playing darkRP. Now i wouldn't make it along the lines of the current quota that we have which is "serious" since RP isn't supposed to be serious.

16. Etched

Etched That One Gay Guy VIP

Alright, Im going to write this as someone who has been an admin on GFL Purge(DarkRP) for an extended time before finally stepping down.

DarpRP bring in a whole new level set of rules that I feel very few staff members or people here have any knowledge of, upkeep of staff would become a major problem leading farther down the road as its not just a few rules as in TTT DR or MC, we have everything from basing rules to job specific rules ETC.

This here https://gflclan.com/forums/topic/76-purge-motd/ is the link to the full set of rules for Purge(DarkRP) Of the server I staffed for nearly 800 hours. Now I know we will have some things removed as we wont be using the purge style game play, but, this should help in giving a rough idea of the extensive rule base needed in a darkRP setting.

DarkRP is alot like minecraft, those who are good and know how to play are going to rise to the top with a balance, as in DRP money is everything, as everytime you log off of course your base is deleted and you lose every bit of your items, but that doesnt matter when you know ways to make money like crazy. Another major thing is the blacklist of certain props, what prop limits we would set for people, how would we want anything and everything. IMO We dont not have enough people here besides myself who would be willing to put in the time it takes to manage a DarkRP server, there is so much to know and do and after 800 hours its drilled into my mind but the server requirement before application on GFL was 150 hours of gameplay. Not only, we wouldnt be able to use the same stature of Trial, Mod, Admin, Leadadmin, as DarkRP you need full access to certain ulx or sban commands.

Another MAJOR problem is the FPS Lag that comes with DarkRP servers, unless you want to be paying out the ass for a godlike server any time you hit 30+ players the busy parts of the map will tank even great computers to 10-30 fps. DarkRP while fun, and while I enjoyed it as staff and as a player, it isnt what the community needs nor IMO has the ability to even keep running.

If any higher up staff have specific questions about the staff side of the server feel free to pm, I can get you any of the information you need.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lemon

Lemon ideal male moderator VIP Silver

No. Just stop expanding. When we branched out to MC there was hype then it quickly died. The same thing will happen if we add a DarkRP server. Expanding to dead games or pointless gamemodes is not a way to fix or "grow" the community.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. .shirt

.shirt VIP

As someone who was a regular on the serious mc the only reason why it quickly died was because of the rule changes that made the gamemode stale for players.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. ryan4win

ryan4win I was supposed to do great things VIP Silver

Take down Deathrun and make it DarkRP. And if it fails it wont make a difference since DR is already dead. DarkRP is pretty fun as long as you can somehow optimize that shit, as people have said before you need some beast of a PC to get decent frames.

• Agree x 7
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  20. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

I have a question about this, were a lot of the players using custom playermodels (expected as there were probably a lot of donators) and which models were they?
    On SGM the models are compressed which saves file space and improves framerate, if they are just using out of the box anime girls (also expected :oops:) then those will kill framerate because most of them are extremely high quality polygon-wise.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.