A Serious Minecraft server?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by EhhChris, Sep 26, 2016.

?

How would you feel about an SGM brand Minecraft server?

1. Get my saddle, this pig needs to be ridden!

110 vote(s)
    68.3%
  2. I've broken enough 3D blocks, let me just play Gmod forever.

51 vote(s)
    31.7%
  1. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

I got bored of Minecraft a long time ago, so I will say I don't see the need for more than what we got on Gmod :3

3. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

If it's factions or hunger games I would play it. Those are the 2 game modes I have the fondest memories of.

4. Ciibear

Ciibear VIP

I honestly think this is a great idea, broadening a wider variety of games that people can play together as a community. You will need a lot of mods that would have to put in more hours overall. If I were to ever get staff tbph I wouldn't mind reinstalling Minecraft and helping out as well as building stuff for lobbies etc. . I mostly skimmed through the main post but what gamemodes would there be on the server?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

A lot of the people on our servers happen to play Minecraft. I suppose this may be a good place for them to hang out and play with their fellow SGM buddies. But like many other people have pointed out, Minecraft tends to get really boring after a while. I personally think this is a great idea to expand out towards.

Edit: That being said, a majority of the people here including myself wont be playing Minecraft anytime soon.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Nah.
    Minecraft gets boring after 1 week of playing it, let alone Minecraft's dying community and its community as a whole.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

I'd love to play on a Serious MC server if there was some way to keep it interesting other than Vanilla bullshit.

8. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

If it brings more donations I'm all for it.

That being said I have never played minecraft, and probably never will play it.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Han

Han       VIP

You would have to find a way to maintain an active playerbase. There's no doubt in my mind the first days/months/weeks are going to be terrific. But we won't see how many people stick to it until the launch hype dies down. I haven't played minecraft in awhile, but if my memory serves correctly, there is not a big server list in-client like gmod has. You would have to be advertising on sites such as planetminecraft, giving reasons ( aka perks ) to people who vote daily for the server, and advertising that will make people want to play on the server. There are a lot of big minecraft servers out there. What makes us better than them?

I'm not too concerned about staff though. Make deathrun and TTT mods the equivalent of a helper rank. Maybe even allow some veterans to have that rank as well. ( The helper position wouldn't have actual power, but they could be there to answer questions and such. ) Other people can specifically apply to staff and moderate the server. If they neglect the places they're supposed to staff, the admins are plenty capable of handling it.

Also, I used to make some pretty nice minecraft skins. I could probably do request if people wanted them.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Mentioned in shoutbox, Minecrafts EULA means you cannot sell perks on servers.
    Therefore Highwon would have to rely on donations for no content to be self sustainable.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

you can sell certain perks, not all but their are servers still selling /fly etc, personally I prefer towny or a modpack (Such as pixelmon) over factions this is however a personal opinon.

12. Doodle Bop

Doodle Bop Things always look impossible until they're done. VIP

I'd be down to play some MC. I haven't played MC in a while and I would love to see this addition. There would be tons of creative things we could do like RP or you could do things like world wars where everyone is on horses or it could just be a normal MC server where we farm and build amazing structures. The one thing that we would have to work out would be how can we work some stuff out like staffing and funding of the server but other than that I don't see why not. +1 from me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I love minecraft but after playing ftb modpacks often enough I can't go back to vanilla, make it ftb and HEAVILY white listed and I'd see myself playing daily

• Like Like x 1
  14. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

To someone who doesn't do mods, explain to me what FTB is

Unless it was already explained in the 3 pages i didnt read. Then someone quote it.

15. Harry Potter

Harry Potter The Boy Who Lived VIP Emerald Bronze

Im in if its FTB

• Like Like x 1
  16. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

I dont have MC, unfortunately, but I do like it. I would even consider buying it JUST SO i can play STTT Minecraft. This is a really good idea, and Im glad to see it here :)

17. Makuzi

Makuzi Now we all pray blood stains wash away VIP Silver

Hell yeah! Even though I don't play Minecraft a lot, I'd still go on if this community owned a server. Being a normal player on it is good enough for me.

18. Harry Potter

Harry Potter The Boy Who Lived VIP Emerald Bronze

We will need to figure the staff thing before launch because trolls will join new MC servers to troll and ruin the fun before it gets started... So I would suggest either opening applications a week or two before launch or have TTT and DR staff help out on it

19. Makuzi

Makuzi Now we all pray blood stains wash away VIP Silver

Most likely need a few people for staff first then take a look at applicants. Ttt or DR staff trying to staff a minecraft server could also take a hit on tgeir hours on gmod

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Zombina

Zombina VIP

I think part of the downfall of my old community was expanding too fast, and those expansions were still on GMod. Started with Vanilla TTT, added Dark RP. I think the community was about 3 years old when it added Deathrun, added Custom TTT, added Bunnyhop, added Zombie Survival. IMO we probably should've just stuck with TTT and DarkRP, those were the money makers. If SGM wants to expand I think we should do it to a Dark RP server, which is a bit of a safer bet than Minecraft. Everyone in this community already has GMod and will be willing to try DarkRP, but I'm not going to buy Minecraft just because SGM made a MC server.

Just my two cents.

• Informative Informative x 2