Approved Zukera's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Zukera, Dec 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zukera

Zukera Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    Zukera
    Your Steam ID:
    dunno
    Which Server:
    East2
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I literally don't know what I've done lol. I'm guessing it was RDm and leave even though I doubt it was. I can jump on and take the slay, its not that big of a deal
    Evidence of Innocence:

2. Chubblebutt

Chubblebutt I'm Back.

You were banned by @FrostedSnowman for Rdm & Leave 3rd Offence. You are also banned on West 2 by @Sinz For Rdm & Leave Second Offence if you would like to appeal that the same time.

3. Zukera

Zukera Member

Yes I would lol

4. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Concerning your ban on West 2:

You were reported by the player "halogruntking" in which you responded stating he killed a detective when he in fact did not, but merely identified a dead detective's body. Before a slay could be issued you abruptly left the server and consequently banned. In the near future I would advise you to message a staff member before leaving a server to avoid situations like these.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Your West 2 ban appeal has been denied; @FrostedSnowman will assist you with your East 2 ban appeal.

Thank you.

5. FrostedBlade

FrostedBlade Through victory, my chains are broken. VIP Emerald

Well, phooey. I'm looking through my screenshots now, and I see that I might have made a mistake. I will post my screenshots anyway, and give you some insight on what was going through my head at the time.

2014-12-11_00002.jpg
    Here you can see the report that was filed against you. JediNarwhal is claiming that you RDM'ed him after he killed a T. It is true that he killed a T, and identified the player as such at 1:24. However, you gunned him down at 1:29 for witnessing him shoot. We generally don't punish Player B for killing Player A so shortly after Player A has killed Player C. As I stated above, I believe I acted too hastily in banning you. The reasons for which I banned you are below:

2014-12-11_00001.jpg
    Directly after you submitted your response, you left the server without checking if you were clear to do so. This action combined with your words in the report, "my bad," lead me to believe that you were admitting to RDM. As you can see in the chat log, I had attempted to contact you with follow-up questions about the incident via private messages when I realized that you had already left the server. This is what lead me to ban you for RDM & Leave 3RD Offense, seeing as you had been banned by Sinz for RDM & Leave 2ND Offense just one day before.

The reason I say that I believe that I acted too hastily in banning you, is because I should have taken a closer look at the logs, instead of your response, to see the time difference between the kills. In this case, I believe that I am the one at fault, and not you. For this fact, this appeal has been approved and your ban will be voided.

I do however believe that there is still a lesson to be learned here. As Sinz stated before me, it is always a GREAT idea to check with staff if you are in the green to leave the server before you do so, especially after you have been involved in a report. Secondly, I would advise that in future reports, you give as much information as possible on the incident of occurrence. Another thing that I think would be helpful would be to avoid incriminating yourself in reports, and only stating pure information. For example, instead of saying "my bad I reacted too quick," just simply say "I shot you because I witnessed you shoot another player."

Again, I am terribly sorry that I did not take more time investigating this report when it occurred. I instead took your word for it and punished you hastily and unjustly, as I do not believe that this was a case of RDM. I want to thank you for taking the time to file the appeal, and for helping me become a better moderator in the process. I deeply apologize for any inconvenience this ban may have caused you, and I hope to see you on the servers again soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.