Denied zam's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by zam, Nov 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zam

zam New Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    z-am
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:85131831
    Which Server:
    East
    Why you should be unbanned:
    so spookyturnity banned me for 8 hours for "harassment/slurs". This is what he put.

First problem. He said "slurs" which is a plural suggesting i was saying more than one world multiple times. He also used harassment which suggests i was targeting someone.

I said when trapped in a trap "let me out faggot". so the following rule he did me under

Harassment is a more widely-defined term. It is defined as "aggressive pressure or intimidation." This, like I said above, is very discretion based, as everyone have a different tolerance of it.
    In SGM, harassment is considered such if another user is genuinely offended by it. Directing insults or picking on/making fun of someone are good examples of harassment. Staff members will be able to tell, but if you feel like a victim of harassment, make sure to immediately inform a staff member.
    Note that simply "feeling offended" does not guarantee a punishment, as this could easily be abused. Our staff members will evaluate each situation to its own and decide accordingly.

The definition of harassment follows

harassment
    /ˈharəsm(ə)nt,həˈrasm(ə)nt/
    noun
    1. aggressive pressure or intimidation.
    so here is my case.

The rules means that harassment can only be a thing if someone is offended or feel they are a victim of it. You could argue that me saying that once comes under the rule where it states "Directing insults or picking on/making fun of someone are good examples of harassment" Now if we look at the definition of harassment we will see it states "aggressive pressure or intimidation" obviously i wasn't being intimidating as i had no end goal. I also wasn't instigating aggressive pressure as the slur was only said once, for it to be pressure based then it would have to happen more than one time.

Now as i argued this in a more simple manor the mod brought up the follow in the "details"

Racial or group-based slurs, like "******" or "******", are never allowed as their context is almost always harmful.

Now he done me under this. It doesnt state the words what are forbidden. I told him as i was a homosexual, faggot isnt a taboo word for me to use.

In the end no one approached the MOD saying they was offended, no one was offended by it on chat. The power clearly thought hed have some sort of power trip before bed and now banned me incorrectly.

This is also why the ban is wrong

So he banned me for 8 hours for ignoring his first warning...

this is the protocol for banning people when they harass other players.
    • First offense: a warning
    • Second offense: a kick
    • Third offense: 24 hours ban
    • Fourth offense and above: 5 days ban

The first obvious warning he kicked me. After this warning he presented me with a 8 hour ban.

I was not told at first it was a warning. He simply told me to not say it. The warning then came with a kick which crashed my game (might i remind you lot causes restrictive access to someones computer is against the computer misuse act). If the ban was justifiable he didn't instigate the correct ban.

This mod proofs what is wrong with today's world. Also when you have easily offended snow flakes like him and lars as mod you tend to get annoyed players and they tend to play elsewhere.​
    Evidence of Innocence:
    common sense

2. Lion

Lion Ryan's Favorite Admin VIP

3. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

Hello! Thank you for reporting.

So, I was actually following micspamming punishment on accident, whoops, my mistake.

Now, onto the next thing. It tells in the extended rules, "Racial or group-based slurs, like "******" or "******", are never allowed as their context is almost always harmful."

Never allowed means never allowed, correct? I was talking to @Ashes Relandi as this was happening. matter what you are, it doesn't give you the right to say it here on the server, I don't see anywhere that it says Exception.

You were warned politely to not say it, then you said it again;
    [​IMG]

Which in turn, I kicked you. Now, Garry's Mod is an old game that doesn't always work the best, the crashing was not on me, kicking doesn't crash people, it boots them from the server.

This all led to me messaging you once you rejoined, that the next time you say it will result in a ban, so just don't say it. You said it again, with a nice little happy face at the end. And about your claims continuously that it has to be directed at someone, no, it really doesn't.
    [​IMG]

"Never allowed" Now, you can keep fighting it if you want, Ashes is an Admin, I could get the same exact answer from all of them. Oh and;
    Just simply following the rules buddy, and no need to bring someone that isn't a part of this into it.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  4. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

Well, I am quite sure the ban is over by now. Or soon to be.

Appeal: Denied
    Thread: Locked

PM me for any further questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.