Denied WhyPeopleRage's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Rage, Nov 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rage

Rage Banned

Your In Game Nickname:
    Rage
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:69260502
    Which Server:

Why you should be unbanned:
    I wasn't breaking any rules. Simply said.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    So I got banned today from the shoutbox because I chose hard to read colors.
    There isn't any rules actually covering that (Except no red text)

I did receive some warnings but I found them invalid as it is merely a personal preference, not an actual problem. I have not offended anyone by choosing hard/unreadable text. And I also was not "loophole trolling" (Although I am good at it.) I was just trying to be unique and interesting. (< lol tryhard)

So yeah, would be cool to get in banned since there wasn't any true rule breaking, I wasn't harassing, disrespecting or doing anything to go towards my ban.
    I was banned because people's eyes hurt from trying to read my shoutbox posts, which is their fault for trying so hard. (No offence.)

Once again I feel as I was banned for no good reason, and may need to follow suit with a report towards the admin/mod that banned me. (But it will probably be denied since an admin did it.)

Otherwise I love everyone else, and they love me back <3

~Rage

(Hope this gets cleared out quick and clean.)​

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  2. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

@Opii will respond at his earliest convenience since he fulfilled it.

3. Rage

Rage Banned

4. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

Here are the facts: I remember @King Husky and I Asking you to change your Shoutbox color multiple times, because it was unreadable. @Carned also was asking you to do so before. The way you reacted to this was that you changed your color to something even more unreadable, to "troll" the Shoutbox so to speak. At this point @Opii warned you to change it again or he would ban you, and you did not, so you are now banned.

Pretty sure this ban is only for a day anyway, if not, good luck.

5. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

I wasn't around for this specific incident, but i have subtlety made hints at how awful your colour choices are.

6. Rage

Rage Banned

That just reminded me: Opii gave me next to no time to comply with his commands, and I was actually changing my color because I saw no point in dealing with Opii. So even if I did change my color you'd have no chance to find out so because he gave me insufficient time to do so. (Unless 2 secs is enough)

7. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

The initial asking was, as Event said in your first post, a request to chance your color to make it easier on the reader's eyes. However, it became and issue when you used the "no red text" being the only rule to your advantage and changed it to a shade of grey slightly lighter than the background of the shout box. At that time, Opii asked you to change it and, when you didn't, he banned you. Basically, you were filling the shout box with wmpty lines of text and it came to a point where it was most like spam. Now, you may argue that there was text there, which there was, but I shouldn't have to highlight what you say that breaks up conversation in the shout box because you want to troll.

8. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

As seen in the image, Opii gave you a full minute to comply to his request, which you didn't. image.jpg

Edit: I have other images, but they can be found in his post here: http://www.seriousttt.com/threads/chat-wont-work.14309/

9. Rage

Rage Banned

@MangoTango
    Wasn't trolling or spamming. Wasn't breaking any rules. An I wasn't given enough time to follow through with Opii's needs. Just because some of you guys have a beef with me doesn't mean you can abuse power.

10. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

This is what I was referring to, to give background knowledge that he has been asked many times.

11. Rage

Rage Banned

It was aprox. 10 secs, definitely not enough.

12. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

Only saw this after the second time my tag was mentioned. Well first off I would like to say that this:
    Not a good idea. You were specifically told by THREE staff members to change your text to something readable. One was Event Horizon, one was Carned, and one was Opii: the one who banned you after a third offense of lacking to use a text that is readable. I myself told you that my eyes were being strained and thus hurting my head to read the text itself so I asked you to change the text. You changed it from a really dark blue to a still unreadable blue in which also hurt my eyes to read after Event Horizon/Carned told you to change it. A few moments later you changed the text to something like a dark gray ALSO unable to be read. Once again you were told by staff (This time Opii.) to change your text, as it disrupts conversation and is forcing other players to highlight what you said. You did once again a slightly lighter shade of the color you were using and it was still unreadable. Now after a third time being told and your failure to comply obviously showed that you had no intention of listening to staff or anyone else for that matter, which then Opii banned you. You are correct: Red text is the only color that is prohibited, but things such as the picture mentioned above by MangTango is not really readable and it has to be highlighted to be read. Players were being affected.

TL;DR Version: Your trolling isn't tolerated and the things you did disrupted the shoutbox and your lack of compliance/loophole trolling isn't really going to get you far. Woops.

13. Rage

Rage Banned

@King Husky Re-read my ban appeal. Should find it informative or it a good reminder that I'm not loophole trolling. BTW I've been doing this for the past few days, and no one, LITERALLY NO ONE had a problem with it, except the eventual "Your text gave me cancer".

14. Opii

Opii Keep it Simple. VIP

Hello WhyPeopleRage,

Thank you for making a ban appeal. You were banned at approximately 11:55 this morning by me from shoutbox. As previously stated, you were using a hard to read color that was hard on the eyes. You were asked and told by many of the members and staff members to change the color in order accommodate those using shoutbox since, for many, it was rather annoying to be forced to see the colors you were using as they were having conversations. You failed to change your text color to something readable, and instead, trollishly, changed it to something just unreadable. At this point I warned you to change it, at which you replied "k den" instead of changing your text color. This snarky remark (the same remark you made the first time you changed text colors) and you failure to change your shoutbox text color resulted in this ban. Keep in mind that just because you have been banned from the servers does not mean you can troll the community on the forums. Far from it, continuing this sort of behavior and failure to listen to requests can result in a forum ban.

This ban appeal has been
    denied. You will be unbanned from shoutbox in approximately 2 hours. Refrain from trolling once again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.