Voting for Creative?

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by Chewie, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Chewie

Chewie deadrun mod VIP Bronze

Voting for creative sounds like a horrible marketing decision, I understand the server needs votes to get bigger, but no one will stay and play (creative) if you have to vote for it. If I wanted to play I could spend an extra minute looking for another creative server that doesn't require me to vote for it. Not only do you have to vote for creative, but I have to log on for 50 days and vote, just to play something I can easily play on another server?

There's other ways to go about voting, example, you can have players vote for world edit, access to redstone, access to more creative plots, have access to certain commands within the creative server such as /item, /nick, /speed, and so many more simple but useful commands, just putting in my personal opinion.

Good Creative Plot Plugin: https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/plotme

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Squidd

Squidd VIP

PRetty sure it violate the EULA as well to bar off an area like that in exchange for votes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Nope, they can "charge" for a certain server(the creative server) basically you need premium to play on the creative server, either by donating or by voting.

Baring off items like world edit or red stone however is not Eula friendly.

4. Chewie

Actually, baring off world edit is eula friendly, being that it is a 3rd party plugin, I have seen many servers have it as a premium addition for a certain rank.
    Redstone can create a lot of lag in the server, which is why many creative servers ban it indefinitely, but having it be a vote only addition, would not only get votes, but also prevent lag in the server.

5. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

well,if they close the server off, it is no longer eula bound. If they open it, they can ban an item (redstone) and force players to use repeaters or something else for no delay, but they cannot keep world edit, (something giving an advantage)to only players who donate.
    keeping to staff is fine, just not only donators.

6. Chewie

I mean, it's creative, and it's not even that big of an impact to have, may save you 5 or so minutes, and i was mentioning it as an alternative not donating, which will be accessible for everyone.