Denied Troy Banks's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Troy Banks, Sep 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Troy Banks

Troy Banks New Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    Troy
    Your Steam ID:
    Which Server:
    West
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I am very aware that ghosting is a serious issue and should be dealt with accordingly, however I have NEVER seen someone get banned for a phrase like this before in my 160 hours on the server(s). Aris Le Rubbish bin was a detective the round of the ban, and I was innocent. I did not take screenshots due to me confident in that it was infact not actual ghosting. I have the 'Nobody is a traitor!' bind to my 'q' key, and in console I also bind 'READ KOS IN CHAT!'. It was either Noccam or some other person (with a million words in their name), that I called a KOS on because they were traitor. I assumed Aris was in the area and saw the 4 KOS calls I said in chat, but he was nowhere to be seen. The chat looked something like this, (Destiny may also have screenshots)

Troy: Nobody is a traitor!
    Troy: READ KOS IN CHAT!
    You to Aris Le Rubbish bin: READ FUCKING CHAT

Destiny Blade has since informed me that PM'ing a detective that is still alive after you have died can alter train of thought an therefor is ghosting. But I don't understand how when Aris saw multiple KOS calls by me in chat, and then I tell him basically what I said when I was living WITHOUT the traitor tagged, it's different? As I message him an almost identical call in PM, (this is admittedly due to my anger towards people who don't read chat), his train of thought is THEN altered? After I already said multiple KOS/Traitor calls in living public chat? Note that all my KOS/Traitor calls were from when I was living.

Rephrased:

*Aris Le Rubbish bin PROBABLY SEES*

Troy to Aris Le Rubbish bin: READ FUCKING CHAT

*Aris says, "Troy stop ghosting." in voice chat*

I genuinely don't believe saying the same thing I said when I was living ONE TIME in PM to a living detective should be considered ghosting. I understand that saying anything related to the round in PM is ghosting, but I simply just said the same thing I did in living public chat, just in PM. It's not going to happen again, I see how this can be easily associated with the wrong intentions, but that is not the case here.​
    Evidence of Innocence:
    At roughly 160 total hours of playtime on the server would I intentionally ghost or try to cheat in any way.

If this is seen as ghosting by multiple admins or staff I will comply and never do any such thing in PM again, and I will apologize for it was a mistake.​

2. PixeL

PixeL Man märker andras fel och glömmer sina egna Banned VIP Silver

You were banned by @Destiny Blade for Ghosting 2nd.
    Please be patient for their response.

3. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

[​IMG]

You tell mostly a true story but you believed that this was a false ban in the discord after the ban was placed.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I dont believe that you are being genuine with your words here due to the fact that you were extremely frustrated with the ban and then all of a sudden after some guiding you are being fully accepted of the ban. I am also still curious on these "false bans" I have placed with you there, if you have any evidence of these said bans being false then by all means please bring the evidence forward.

Why should I unban you?

4. Troy Banks

Troy Banks New Member

Destiny Blade,

I only read the appeal you posted in, it was a bit of an exaggeration and I am sorry about that. It was still in the heat of the moment, but as I was talking to you and Dan on discord, I reached out to Grimoire+ since he helped me with the Divine situation last month. When I said, "Where the fucks the logic?" I was still talking about the whisper function and I now know it's much more fragile and dangerous than I thought. This appeal was written roughly an hour after the ban so I took that time to really think about it and talk about my thoughts in the appeal. I see you online a lot, and I'm sure you see me online very often as well. I respect what you do for the SGM community and honestly would like to continue playing. But at the same time I will genuinely and truthfully will stand by whatever the final decision is. I've already learned from the mistake, it won't happen again. I'm sorry the comment about the 'false bans', seriously it was like I said, in the heat of the moment still. I'd like to talk to you more on discord if you are willing. Thanks man

5. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Seeing as you ban evaded your ban and got banned again I dont see any reason to unban you. I will deny this appeal.

~Destiny Blade

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.