Answered Traitor's KOS-ing Traitors

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by GnarBear, Mar 8, 2016.

1. GnarBear

GnarBear Professional Dingus VIP

Is it against the rules to be a traitor and call out, KOS a fellow traitor for a traitorous act?

I saw something about this in the shout box and was unsure.

2. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Taken from the extended rules:

Ghosting and Common Misconceptions: Every once in a while, a traitor may call out a traitor buddy to seem proven, or by accident. Now, this is not treated as ghosting and simply as a false KoS that can result in a slay if the target is killed. For example, if I said "McMuffin is a traitor!", when he is my traitor buddy and he gets killed, I will be slain. Synonymous to this, if I were to type in global chat who all of my traitor buddies were, this would not be ghosting unless it was said in a third party chat. Instead of punishing for ghosting, assuming it was on global chat, it would be treated as a false KoS and result in the according punishment. Another misconception about ghosting is within Admin Chat, or "@ chat". Now, when messaging staff about RDM, make sure to check if any staff members are alive, so it won't be ghosting.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

Why would you KOS your traitor buddy? That's just counterproductive to the actual objective, which is to kill all innocents and detectives. You shouldn't be kosing your traitor buddies under any circumstances.

There are exceptions to being able to kill your traitor buddies, but these instances are rare (such as self-defense due to your traitor buddy attempting to RDM you or not warning via traitor chat about using traitor weapons that have the potential to cause the death of another traitor buddy. Examples include jihad, grenades that can damage or kill you, etc.). Besides these exceptions, no kosing or killing your traitor buddy.

As far as what was discussed in shout box, this involved calling out the names of your traitor buddies without any reason, which would be treated as a false KOS and would be slain. The more traitor buddies killed due to the KOS would result in more appropriate forms of punishment.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  4. GnarBear

GnarBear Professional Dingus VIP

Thank you both, Guilty and MangoTango. You have cleared this up for me clearly. : D

5. Fox

Fox VIP

I dont want to open another threat simply because of this thread having a similar topic. What if there are/is an inno(s) that KOS' your tbuddy, is it still against the rules?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

Depends on the context of the KoS.

If they have a reason to call the KoS's, thats fine.

If they randomly call a KoS on a T and have no reason to do so, this is RDM.

Or if you are implying what Silent said below, you cannot kill your own T buddy for a KoS, you also cannot be killed for not following someones KoS.

7. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

You are not allowed to follow KOSes on your t buddies, doing so will result in you being slain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Fox

Fox VIP

I meant, if multiple innos call a KOS on your tbuddy, can you call a kos on him as well in an effort to gain trust?
    Does the same go if only 1 inno calls a KOS?

9. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

I have been in several situations where me and my T buddy have planned out an act where i kill them or they kill me (makes it seem like they tried)and then they are proven, but they revive me. i dont know if yall have the revive thing here, but it worked out pretty good. they/i would be proven and then other one can just happily go on a killing spree

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

No, As stated, Your T Buddy has to AGREE to you killing them in order for it not to be RDM. Doesn't matter how many people call the KoS. 1 or 10.

We don't have Reviving here, Elvis.

11. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

that is sad. it works out great in the way that i told it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

Sort of an extended version of this question. If the Traitor calls a KOS on someone with the reason ''I am a Traitor myself, so I know (x) is a Traitor too, KOS him'' would this fall under metagaming as it says under extended rules:

I'm putting emphasis on the game throwing part, as he is throwing away his own game for the sake of KOSing a fellow Traitor, which then aids the enemy team(the innocents in this case).

13. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Would just be RDM, might be looked into if the player has a history of that type of behavior.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Zigles

Zigles Rule #1: Never trust a Zigles VIP

I was recently in a situation described above where I was a traitor and I was doing traitorous things and I was being shot at and kos'd by a couple of innocents. My t buddy was standing right next to me and instead of helping started yelling kos zigles as well. I told him that it was RDM and when he started arguing with me I asked @Sinz about it and he confirmed that it is still RDM to kos your t buddy in this situation. Hope that cleared things up for you @Fox

• Like Like x 1