Traitor delaying

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by GnarBear, Jun 15, 2016.

?

A Trail begins to follow a traitor if they do not make a kill within a set time...

1. Like it

16.7%
  2. Do not like it

62.5%
  3. Unsure

20.8%
  1. GnarBear

GnarBear Professional Dingus VIP

In the game mode 'Murder' there is a feature where if the murderer does not kill within a certain time frame, they start to smoke.
    Smoke as in produce a coloured mist around them that acts as a trail when moving.
    I have been thinking that introducing this for traitors who do not make a kill within a set time frame, would remove the issue of traitors delaying rounds, possibly making being a traitor more difficult.
    I also suggest alongside this that trails be point shop available, to expand on this, you could buy specific trails in the point shop, which were different to the original smoke trail. I'm thinking Nyan cat trail, simply colour trails ect. lots of options there for creativity.

This is only a suggestion, but I'd love to hear your views on the idea and what other concepts you may have to combat delaying. : )

Wolf

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Harvest

Harvest The Forever Serpent VIP

Would depend on the time limit, really. There are times where it can be legitimately difficult to make a kill, and being forced to do a suicidal move just so you don't get outed is not really in the spirit of the game.

Additionally, this would cause a lot of RDM, unless it was VERY clear when they started to smoke. Would this show up in logs too? Otherwise it would be word vs word.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. GnarBear

GnarBear Professional Dingus VIP

Sometimes I find myself making risky traitorous acts, because time is running out. This would act similarly, causing me to be more decisive and maybe cooperate with team mates more efficiently.

I see your point there, if this were to be a feature it would need to be in the logs, that "Wolfslayer246 (Traitor) has started smoking".

I was imaging about this level of obviousness, though with smoke/other trails
    [​IMG]

4. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

I am not a good traitor, but i dont delay. I take my time in all my kills when i absolutely need to, and piledrive people with i can. I wouldnt want a trail that pops up 3 minutes into the round bc it glitches out when ive already kiled 4 people and i get killed bc of some glitch. Too many cons man, good idea tho.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Your problem is relying on it bugging out elvis, whats the chance it would bug -1 from me but for other reasons such as if You just get back from afk and your T

@ElvisPresley

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

-1 because some traitors return from being afk and clutch the round

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Elvis

I am -1ing it bc it could bug out. Every other problem could occur, but thats at fault of no one but yourself for not killing. If it bugs out, id be pissed to lose my t round to it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

-1, adds unecessary pressure in the game and can create WvW situations if they dont show up in the logs. Its also bad becuase if you are afk as a t it outs you or if you are beign followed by a group it outs you. it makes the game too easy for innos and too hard for ts imo.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

There is already a time limit for Ts that increases only if people die. This also accounts for Ts killing innos by false KOS or T-traps or other means of deception. If you want rounds to move faster you could suggest shortening the amount that the time is extended for each death

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

-1, I don't want to be pressured if my c4 doesn't kill people while I'm running around waiting for said c4 to kill people for credit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Xaxago

Xaxago "Goodbye Mike"-Eleven VIP

-1 I like to take time and set C4 and also sneaking around will taking down people slowly but surely. I think this would make Traitors be forced to play in a more intence and "Run and Gun" manner, players way find this way of playing not very fun or just annoying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. If you put at least 2 or 3 traitors in one room/hallway, they can kill about 20 innocents without dying.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. Elvis

But when you have maps as big as dust 2, then that aint happening.

14. What about tunnels, or b site, or even around pit.