Approved Tony Danza's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Tony Danza, May 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony Danza

Tony Danza Regular Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    Tony Danza Gaming
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:37018299
    Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Why you should be unbanned:
    So Lightning made a report about me dropping the N word on Vanilla after consulting with Ronald McDonald about making the initial report. What he left out was that I did not spam it and only used it once, Ronald McDonald did not warn/mute me after its first and only usage. Lightning screencapped it then proceeded to make a report about it getting me banned for 24 hours from Vanilla.

Personally, I think it's unwarranted. There was a staff member on at the time so I don't know why a report was even made in the first place about this. I was not muted. I was not warned. And it was only used once. Yet a 24 hour ban was still issued.​
    Evidence of Innocence:
    See above. A staff member was on and used his discretion to not ban/warn/mute me. A report/ban after this fact is unwarranted. I do realize there is a history of this but I think Nathan776 is overstepping a boundary here as Ronald McDonald was the staff member on at the time of the incident.​

2. Nathan776

Nathan776 Administrator Administrator VIP Silver

I have Seen this and will respond shortly.

3. Nathan776

Nathan776 Administrator Administrator VIP Silver

Considering the fact the fact that a moderator was online when then this incident occurred i'm willing to accept this appeal. From the wording of the report I assumed the moderator was contacted through different means such as the forums or steam and thus explaining the apparent inaction. I'm going to instead reduce this punishment to a formal warning about the use of slurs on the Server.

Appeal Accepted.

4. Ronald McDonald

Ronald McDonald Ran Ran Ru! VIP

Hello! Sorry for the late response to the report, I was having quite issues IRL with college, internet connection problems,stuff and were not able to respond. I just want to provide info about why maybe all this happend and clear some things out.

During my shift late night, I was hopping from East to Vanilla as both servers were having RDM and Mic Spam, during a hop, Tony had used the slur that Lightning screeshot and when I hop back, my console or chat didn't showed what Tony had said. I was not inform about that slur until I was hopping off to sleep and had already closed Gmod.
    I though that Lighting meant that Tony had spam the slur and that's why I advised him to do a report. I did not expect Lightning to report 1 time slur, I think it was my mistake not telling Lightning that he should report the slur if Tony was spamming it.
    I do apologize for the inconvinient and hope this is useful, Nathan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.