Approved TheTacticalCat's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by TheTacticalCat, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your In Game Nickname:
    TheTacticalCat
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_1:1:47964012
    Which Server:
    EU
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I believe the last RDM was toxic gameplay, or at least intentionally getting me reported, as the player went out of the normal path of walking in a room of no value except making the sword to step in the area in which I had left it. I left it there with the express purpose of making sure nobody else stepped on it, as it was out of the way with no valid reasons to go behind the table.​
    Evidence of Innocence:
    The sword was well out of reasonable walking range, there was no reason for him to go behind there, as there were no bodies behind there I don't think. He also would've been looking down at the ground, scanning for bodies, where he would notice the sword and avoid it, or chose to step on it. Furthermore, the space is small enough that any bodies found there could be ID'd without stepping over the sword, from a standing position. The player therefore chose to step over the sword.

(Ban done by Ted)​

2. olivia

olivia queen of dankness VIP

Tagging @Tedelicious who banned you for Mass RDM x3. Please be patient while awaiting his reply.

3. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

I will be with you shortly.
    Just let me get the evidence out of my video.

4. Ted

Hey there TheTacticalCat,

Thanks for your patience. Here I do have the 3 RDM reports that lead to your ban.
    Map: skycraft
    RDM: You shot me instead of shooting Thedoctor. Though I did not forgive for it as the RDM altered the round to much.
    https://i.imgur.com/ADTZUY4.jpg

map: Jondome
    RDM: Placing the sword in front of the gate.
    sadly as you said in your report, the smoke grenade had already cleared out. But he still died by the sword that you placed there.
    dead body;https://i.imgur.com/8GKh7bO.jpg

map: Jondome
    RDM: Placing the Sword in the corner, though the detective never looked down looking for bodies but he was watching the other side instead where the dead body was.
    A picture where you can see what he saw, the dead body on the left side. Sword on the right side into the corner
    A video of the Detectives path and him looking at the body and not in fact the sword which was placed on the ground in a dangerous position: video
    The sword in my opinion wasn't in a clear view from all access points and therefor still hidden

As jannigamez left before I could ask forgiveness and itzz wasn't responding (and eventually banned) the forgiveness was up to discretion of a higher rank. Though without their forgiveness there is no discretion so sadly it eventually ended up in your ban.

Do you have anything to add or say about this matter?

Regards,

Ted

5. I accept the other two reports, the first was my fault, and in the second the sword was obstructed by a thick cloud of smoke, and in the entrance to the room, not tucked out of the way in the corner.

However, in my opinion, in the third case the detective should have been able to see the sword in that position as it was sitting tilted towards the door somewhat (allowing a greater profile of it to be seen, as well as multiple colours, making it more striking and visually stand out), unobstructed by a body with it's blue blade against a grey background, ensuring it was highly visible. The only way for it to be more visible is if I put a large spray with a white background and DANGER, INSTAKILL SWORD HERE written above it.

It's clear this was not toxic gameplay, but I feel it it unfair to mark it as random death match, as it's clearly not intended to kill, unlike the previous positioning, it's in a position of high visibility even from behind the bars as you've shown, and I placed it there to ensure it was not stepped on by a player with half their wits about them, as I'd assume a player would be if they were stepping into the enchantment room, the single most deadly room besides one designed with the goal of murder in mind, such as the fire trap on Skyfinal.

I believe that this death was entirely preventable by the person who died. At this (link) moment, you can see the detective was roughly in the place shown by your screenshot, meaning the sword was in clear view. He didn't have to walk round that way, or even into the area at all.

Therefore I feel it is not RDM.

6. Ted

As a second viewer mentioned it was in sight.
    I'm sorry for any inconvinience I have caused
    The ban will be lifted and voided.

Appeal; Accepted
    ban: Voided

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.