Approved The Sheriff's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by The Sheriff, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    Sample Text
    Your Steam ID:

Which Server:
    West
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I just want to know who did I rdm
    Evidence of Innocence:
    None, just asking for information, since I don't recall RDMing anyone before leaving that night​

2. The Seventh

The Seventh Bloom. VIP

You were banned for your 3rd offense of RDM and Leave by @Darktooth

He'll respond at his earliest convenience with details on the ban.

Thank you.

3. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

Hello there, Sample Text! I hope you've been having a good day, ban aside.

On July 22nd, at around 8 o'clock pm EST, we had been playing on the map minecraft_b5. After the second round had finished, there was a report placed on you, which you had responded to. I unfortunately went AFK for the first the majority of the 3rd round, and went back to check on reports when the next round was about to begin.

Now, I'll explain why I have banned you, based on the story that I was given.

[​IMG]

Based off of this report, I see many things. The situation might be different given your own words, but what I'm lead to believe is that:

- You were by the edge of the map by lava, and were trying to get away from it
    - A Player (Shadow6767) had approached you and was blocking you from moving forward
    - You, being upset that this player was not moving and you were in a dangerous area, shot and killed the person
    - The person filed a report against you, which in this case, would be RDM.

A general rule of thumb is that you shouldn't kill someone for blocking an area, and only a) push them with a crowbar (right click) or b) request a teleport by our staff. You are unfortunately not allowed to kill someone for being in your way or making you unable to leave. The only exception for this is when a C4 is in the area, and someone is blocking your path after being warned multiple times to move.

However, I'm very okay with being wrong. If you can provide a better explanation of why you killed this person, then be my guest. Although, it is not needed. Since you're a very active player on our servers, and I never really had any issue with you at all, I'd be willing to let you add me on steam and serve the slay in the server you were banned previously. However, if your explanation for why you killed him is either a) non-existant or b) not different from what I have said, then I will not void the ban from your record, meaning the next time this occurs, you'd be banned for your 4th offense of RDM & Leave.

You may respond below. Please let me know what you would like. :)

Thanks for appealing,
    Darktooth <3

4. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

I have contacted this player in-game and we have sorted out his slay.

This appeal has been accepted, however the ban has not been voided.
    Thank you for playing on Serious TTT.

This is now locked. If my lord and savior @The Law thinks I have made a false judgement, he may unlock this thread and rip me apart.

Darktooth <3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.