Denied Taco Man's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Taco Man, Aug 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taco Man

Taco Man VIP

Your In Game Nickname:
    Taco Man
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:53163181
    Which Server:
    East
    Why you should be unbanned:
    * Note: I put East on the server I was banned on, but my ban has been stretched to global. I am banned on all servers for two months.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    First of all, I am not innocent. For all purposes, this ban was just and well-deserved. I was banned for loopholing w/ ban history, by Phi. The purpose of this appeal is to apologize and to hopefully get my ban lowered to a shorter time.

Yes, I do loophole. I have used the loophole(s) a disgusting amount of times, and have been using it for the past two months or so. When I first discovered this almost foolproof trick to getting out of every slay was when it was used against me around half a year ago. I ignored it then.

Then the loopholing trick became popular around the forums and the community, and that was when I realised its potential. I started using it to revenge rdm occasionally, a few times a week when someone had taken a T round away from me by RDMing.

This power got to my head soon after, and I started using the trick more frequently. Soon I was using it to blatantly rdm people I found annoying (such as mic spammers and other RDMers) and getting away with it. At this point, I was loopholing maybe 2-3 times every day. I still thought that what I was doing was justice in some way, to spare other people from being frustrated.

Then the loopholing trick REALLY went to my head. I started using it nearly every round, rdming people so that I could have some fun when I was bored. I had been doing this for about a month. I used a variety of tricks to make sure that I didn't get caught and it worked well. (which I will divulge to the administration if requested, but not in the public ban appeal for obvious reasons)

At this peak point, I was rdming and loopholing nearly every round; this progressed so far that I got multiple karma bans without getting a single slay. At one point, I was karma banned on 4/5 non-EU servers. I would estimate that I rdm'd around 100-200 times and escaped justice by loopholing in the span of a few days. I was banned for a week around this time for a week for this. This was the first time I was caught.

I kept this GTA-like spree going for a few weeks, then I started feeling a bit guilty around a week or two ago when I realized that I had taken the fun away from a ton of people. It hit me particularly hard when I realized how many T rounds I had wasted (and I knew how that felt since that had also happened to me many times)

I started to try to actively cut down my rdming spree. I still loopholed when I felt that it was "well-deserved" (i.e revenge rdming, people obviously using voice changers, mic spamming, sneaking into the d room and refusing to leave (this one was not that deserving) ) but I more or less stopped killing people who did nothing to me and otherwise played fairly. I will confess that I did go off the road a few times. But it was nothing compared to the aforementioned peak point. This was around the time I got banned by Phi. (which was yesterday)

In summary, I would like to apologize for loopholing (I let the power go to my head, knowing that I could escape justice nearly whenever I wanted was too tempting to resist) and you may believe it or not, but I was actively trying to cut it out. Before this period of mass loopholing, I have been playing Serious TTT for the past two or three years, and had a continued history of little to no bans and fair play. Hopefully, you will forgive me. If not, I am willing to wait the two months of bantime and rejoin the community afterwards.

If a moderator/admin would like to PM me and know how I did it, and how I loophole, I am more than willing to divulge this information. I wouldn't be surprised if I was the most knowledgeable and experienced loopholer in the entire server at this point. I would estimate that I escaped upwards of a thousand slays by loopholing. (Which is pretty disgusting now that I look back at it)

Tl;dr: I was a serial loopholer, escaped hundreds of slays, came back to my senses after a ban and realized that I had let the power go to my head a bit too far. Sorry.​

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  2. Knockdown

Knockdown The reason you can't sleep VIP

Hey @Taco Man

You where banned for loophole by @Phi

You are also banned for rdm and leave 4th offense by @Aco Taco and this is Globalized by @Kyogre

Please be patient until they respond.

3. aco taco

aco taco ghosts n' sharks VIP

Hello Taco Man, thank you for taking the time out of your day to appeal.

I will breakdown the reason for your ban as well as the reason as to why I won't be accepting this appeal.

We were playing on Rooftops, you pushed a player in pre-round off the ledge and they died during the round as can be seen in the report below.
    [​IMG]
    Since you had openly admitted to rdming, I was going to issue you a slay. But as I went to issue you a slay, I realized I couldn't. I looked in the chat and saw you had left the server before receiving your punishment.
    [​IMG]
    You should really have an understanding/respect of our rules by now given your 423 hours played on our servers. I issued you your ban and that was that.

My question is: Why do you expect forgiveness when you are admitting to lying to our entire staff team?
    You made players (who come on our servers to enjoy a game) feel cheated and upset. Is this something you are/were proud of? After reading this post, I have to wonder how many of the reports I've dealt with involving you in which you've lied to avoid a punishment.

These are just a few:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

While I have no physical evidence of you loopholing to get out of these slays, it really is suspicious given you claim to have done it "nearly every round".

Your history on these servers is awful. It is self evident that what you have done here has had a negative impact on our servers/community.
    [​IMG]
    You were fully aware that your actions would have consequences and still chose to bend the rules to their fullest extent. I hope you learn during your much needed break from the Serious GMod servers that what you have done won't be tolerated. I will be denying this appeal on my end and I believe that your ban needs to be extended because I feel that four weeks for the amount of loopholing you have done really isn't enough time for you to properly learn your lesson. These servers have rules for a reason, to create an environment that is enjoyable to all that is in line with our community's values. The intentional manipulation of these rules to avoid something that would be otherwise punishable is and has never been tolerated.

Appeal: Denied

@Kyogre

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  4. Taco Man

Taco Man VIP

@Aco Taco

"should really have an understanding/respect of our rules by now given your 423 hours played on our servers"

This is how I managed to loophole constantly and almost never get caught. I knew the consequences, I knew it was wrong, but I still did it.
    When I looked back on it seriously, I felt guilty. Hence why I made this ban appeal with this much detail on everything I did.

"Why do you expect forgiveness when you are admitting to lying to our entire staff team?"

This appeal isn't to solely expect forgiveness from the staff. I recognize that my chances of having this appeal accepted is very slim, if not impossible. I made this appeal to also apologize to the community as a whole for my loopholing, and I also hope that I can rejoin Serious Gmod as a fair player and not a serial loopholer, and I believe that admitting to my mistakes is a first step in doing so.

"Is this something you are/were proud of?"

I was never proud of loopholing. It let me avoid the consequences while having fun rdming. It was a dirty tool.

"You were fully aware that your actions would have consequences and still chose to bend the rules to their fullest extent. I hope you learn during your much needed break from the Serious GMod servers that what you have done won't be tolerated. I will be denying this appeal on my end and I believe that your ban needs to be extended because I feel that four weeks really isn't enough time for you to properly learn your lesson."

Understood. Thank you for your input. I am not banned for four weeks; I believe I am banned for eight weeks globally.

5. aco taco

aco taco ghosts n' sharks VIP

You were banned for eight weeks globally for RDM and Leave. Your ban for loopholing is only four weeks. I am suggesting your ban for loopholing be extended because of the circumstances surrounding the ban and also because of the RDM and Leave ban you managed to garner along with this ban.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  6. Kyogre

Kyogre Ayuda VIP Silver

Let's clear something up before I delve into this appeal, after giving a closer look to your adminstats, I've fixed a mistake as this is actually supposed to be your Third Offense of RDM and Leave.

Now then, your attitude over this matter is quite to the point and mature even. As Aco said, Loopholing isn't something we take lightly here as it just tears apart the type of atmosphere we try to provide for the players in our community. I want to believe that you really mean these words of yours, but I simply cannot make this ban shorter. In your adminstats you're able to see that you were banned for Loopholing before, yet the ban length wasn't nearly as long as this one, you also have a lot of karma bans under your belt which only allude further to the sort of play style you had. All of this leads me to believe that you only decided to put this much effort into this appeal due to the fact that your punishment is a decently heavy one, not because you're truly lamenting that you've cheated so many players out of their enjoyment. That first Loopholing ban should've been your wake-up call that all of this was wrong, not the second time when the punishment was a lot harsher.

In the end, I hope you realize that this is a gamemode with a plethora of rules, and all of these rules were set to provide the best experience possible to those who decided to give our servers a shot. Finding a way to go around these rules is not tolerated in the slightest, especially with such malicious intent.

Take this time to decide what type of player you want to be from now on, if you wish to contact me or Aco about anything feel free to do so privately. Consider this appeal denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.