Denied Sweer's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Sweer, May 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sweer

Sweer VIP

Your In Game Nickname:
    Sweer
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_1:1:43116935
    Which Server:

Why you should be unbanned:
    Ok, so its taken me a while to appeal but here I am. So, on the day I was banned, I was banned for rdm (x3) for 1 day and I know it got G&E'd because of history but the only thing that I can say is that almost everyone in a full server was actively participating in the prop fight war that I engaged. People, including I, warned that we had a set location where we would fuck around and had the courtesy to avoid rdm by pushing afk players out of the way. I know the ban was deserved but not for 4 weeks globally. Even Cow, the person who reported me, threw some props around and got assblasted when I prop killed him after he killed an inno while he too was an detective. The only main points I can say is that: Everyone who was having fun that day specifically tried to avoid rdming players who did not want to participate by avoiding players or pushing out the afks to safety so we only threw props at people who were also throwing props which can be 'self defense' rule since it is a kosable act. I got reported twice in game by players before the mods had to report the damage over the course of the 40 minutes because almost everyone was fine and enjoying themselves except like 2 people who got crossfired by the constant barrage of props.

In conclusion: I, and a majority of players were throwing props at each other at our own volition actively trying to avoid rdm by pushing the afks away and avoiding players who were unwilling to join the fight. The prop throwing could be seen as self defense because throwing props at high velocity is a kosable act so players threw props back and with that in mind, everyone who was prop fighting, never reported each other knowing this reason. I would say that my ban was deserved but not for such a lengthy amount of time considering. If anything, can I get it reduced or something. I'm ready to wait these 4 weeks but that's not very fun, you know. Inb4 denied.​
    Evidence of Innocence:

2. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

3. i hope u get unbanned, sweer
    p.s. whens my next contract

4. holy shit how does this keep happening to you sweer. good to see you on the forums tho.

To the staff who are concerned, I didn't witness this exact incident, but Sweer and I are good pals, and I can vouch for the fact that we (and other like minded folks, apparently lol) do engage in some "unorthodox" activities ingame. But, as Sweer pointed out, care is (usually...pretty much...for all practical purposes...idk) always taken to not harm those who weren't consensually involved. Kind of spices up dead rounds, you know. And Sweer isn't the guy who goes around with malicious intent just popping people off in RDM (at least not often. We all make mistakes!); it's just among his "inner circle", if you will, and it's (generally) cool with all involved there, cus we're just dicking around, having a good time.

So, is it RDM? Yes, technically; but it's a fun meta that most of the time everyone agreed to participate in. Maybe this could be grounds for a little expansion of discretionary polices to include these kind of happenings. Just seems like a global ban on Sweer isn't really justified here.

5. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

Alright guys, I get the hashtag, but stop posting here unless you're involved. I'm gonna lock this for now, but any parties involved can contact anyone at all from the staff team and have their post be approved. The involved staff will also post their side and can do whatever they feel with this action.

Thanks

6. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

• Do not post on appeals/reports without a valid reason.
    For what it's worth, I was on the server during the whole 'prop war' thing. I can vouch for Sweer's commentary on the majority of people respecting the little game, and it usually was completely isolated from the rest of the match. You'd have to be thick-headed to get killed by the people throwing props.

7. olivia

olivia queen of dankness VIP

Hi Sweer.

So a few days ago you were reported on the forums:
    Upon hopping on the server and investigating, I found that you had prop killed/damaged other detectives/innocents in three different instances when you were also a detective/innocent.

logs 1.png
    logs 2.png
    logs 3.png

As you're aware, you were then issued a mass RDM ban that was globalized and extended to four weeks due to your history.

Regardless of the handful of people that consented to the prop kill RDM fest, there was inevitably others who were caught in the crossfire. Not to mention the RDM chains that resulted as other players walked up to the prop killing and tried to kill those who were participating. I know you enjoy prop killing (and are good at it), but I would advise only doing that as a traitor in the future. We want the servers to be fun for everyone, and when things like this happen it can be very un-fun for the people who want to actually play the game and follow the rules.

I've discussed with @luna♥ and she will be giving the verdict.

8. Iuna

Iuna Goodnight moon VIP

Alright Sweer I'll get right into this.

Over the last five years, you've gotten yourself a fairly colorful ban history. I know you know the rules, yet you choose not to follow them. I don't believe you're maliciously trying to break rules, but there are ways to have fun here perfectly within the rules.

My main problem here is that you not only mass rdmed, but encouraged and organized a prop war that you knew was against the rules. On top of that, you've got a very colorful history. This is from the last three months alone. You just came off a global mass rdm ban that you tried to appeal, and was denied. You haven't shown that you've learned or changed from that ban, so take this as a final warning. If you come back after four weeks and continue this behavior, the ban will be much harsher than this.

Wait out your four weeks, then come back and put this behind you.

Denied

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.