Denied supern0vack's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by supern0vack, May 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supern0vack

supern0vack Supporter

Your In Game Nickname:
    supern0vack
    Your Steam ID:
    supern0vack
    Which Server:
    West 2
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I am being banned for something many people get away with daily, and are never punished for.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    I don't remember which server I was on specifically last night. When I began playing on the wintery map with the snowman and Santa sleigh, I was already upset about a pretty unfair 2-round slay I had received the map before. While the slay was technically within the rules for RDM, I felt it was wholly unnecessary and frankly against common sense. I was especially upset because when I normally get on GMOD to play, there are hardly any mods or admins on, so I and many others are routinely RDM'd without any type of enforcement. Anyway when the next map popped up, I noticed that, as usual, there were no mods or admins. I decided I wanted to protest the conditions on these servers: When mods are here, the rules are enforced so strictly to the point that it is almost impossible to play as an inno because you need 100% proof to do anything without being slain, and when the mods are not here, the servers can become like the wild west. I RDM'd last night in order to bring to the attention of the mods and admins that some of the policies on the TTT servers are too strict in regards to RDM. I feel as though RDM's, especially accidental ones where the accused had no intention to harm a fellow player, should receive a warning, with the next offense resulting in a slay. This seems a more appropriate a punishment to an incredibly minor crime. I know many players chafe under the harsh rules on these servers, so allowing forgiveness with a warning for accidental RDM's would be a great way to reduce player antipathy. I also feel that these rules, whether I agree with them or not, MUST be enforced at all hours. If I am getting two-round slays for example, people playing at all hours of the day must be as well. I shouldn't be slain for minor actions, while others routinely RDM without any type of punishment as long as no mod is there to see it.

In short, I RDM'd last night in order to bring attention to how serious the issue is of enforcement, and over-enforcement, on the serious TTT servers. I had hoped that I would not be banned so I could write a post about how I RDM'd many people without punishment, as many people do. It's incredibly unfortunate that I get a TWO-WEEK BAN for something that many people get away with all the time. I sincerely apologize for my rude behavior last night. My actions were only meant to prove a point and to help these servers rather than harm them. I am very unhappy that I have to wait to play TTT on your servers for a whole two weeks, especially since I planned to put all of this up on the forums before I saw I was banned this morning. I hope that the admins can forgive or reduce my two week ban, and to consider my recommendations above. I really enjoy your servers and the players I play with, and I only had the best intentions in mind. I am not a troll or a bully. I simply want to help.​

2. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

@Wompzilla banned you for Intentional Mass RDM, which was globalized and extended by @Kyogre . Wompzilla will respond as soon as he can. Please be patient.

3. Wompzilla

Wompzilla Former Administrator Banned VIP Silver

Hello @supern0vack,
    I banned you for your intentional mass RDM as shown here: http://imgur.com/a/JoxPV

With the amount of servers we have, it is very difficult to ensure that they are all staffed at all hours. You have to understand that the staff are people, just like you, that are going through high school or college. RDM is something that does occur, especially when there are no mods on. To correct that issue, we have many staff positions that we are looking to fill. However, that's besides the point.

When I arrived on the server last night, I found 6 reports on you for RDM, to which you replied "NO MODS NO SHITTY RULES". You took advantage of the lack of staff and made sure to punish everyone else for it. After your toxic behavior, you decide to appeal a rightly deserved ban by trying to provide a 'noble' reason for your RDM: "to bring to the attention of the mods and admins". Simply, this has been an absurd attempt. You propagate the very problem that you say we need to fix. After being a member of our community for 128 hours now, you should understand that there are many alternatives that have been provided to take care of RDM or rules that you don't like. Assuming that was your intent, you handled it in the worst way possible.

Appeal: Denied

I will tag @Zigles, due to the fact that he also recommended a G&E on your ban.
    I am also tagging my admin, @Kyogre, since he provided the G&E.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  4. Kyogre

Kyogre Ayuda VIP Silver

I see no reason at all to lift or even reduce your ban.

You intentionally RDMed a grand total of six players in order to prove your point? I'm sorry that you're troubled over such circumstances, but our rules are established for a reason. We've also been working hard to get Staff Members who we trust to do their job and can cover a variety of times to avoid staffless servers. But killing so many players and justifying it with reasons like these? Unacceptable. Wompzilla did the correct thing asking for stronger punishment after seeing your playtime on our servers. If you truly disagree with a set of ideas, you don't go on a witch hunt for said ideas in a negative light in order to portray that they're unfair and wrong by just making a terrible experience for others.

You knew full well what you were doing, so I'll be denying and locking this appeal.

Feel free to contact Wompzilla and me privately if you wish to discuss this further.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.