Suggestion/ban complaint in regard to RDM and lack of enforcement

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by supern0vack, May 5, 2016.

1. supern0vack

supern0vack Supporter

This is the full transcript of the Ban complaint I submitted today:

I don't remember which server I was on specifically last night. When I began playing on the wintery map with the snowman and Santa sleigh, I was already upset about a pretty unfair 2-round slay I had received the map before. While the slay was technically within the rules for RDM, I felt it was wholly unnecessary and frankly against common sense. I was especially upset because when I normally get on GMOD to play, there are hardly any mods or admins on, so I and many others are routinely RDM'd without any type of enforcement. Anyway when the next map popped up, I noticed that, as usual, there were no mods or admins. I decided I wanted to protest the conditions on these servers: When mods are here, the rules are enforced so strictly to the point that it is almost impossible to play as an inno because you need 100% proof to do anything without being slain, and when the mods are not here, the servers can become like the wild west. I RDM'd last night in order to bring to the attention of the mods and admins that some of the policies on the TTT servers are too strict in regards to RDM. I feel as though RDM's, especially accidental ones where the accused had no intention to harm a fellow player, should receive a warning, with the next offense resulting in a slay. This seems a more appropriate a punishment to an incredibly minor crime. I know many players chafe under the harsh rules on these servers, so allowing forgiveness with a warning for accidental RDM's would be a great way to reduce player antipathy. I also feel that these rules, whether I agree with them or not, MUST be enforced at all hours. If I am getting two-round slays for example, people playing at all hours of the day must be as well. I shouldn't be slain for minor actions, while others routinely RDM without any type of punishment as long as no mod is there to see it.

In short, I RDM'd last night in order to bring attention to how serious the issue is of enforcement, and over-enforcement, on the serious TTT servers. I had hoped that I would not be banned so I could write a post about how I RDM'd many people without punishment, as many people do. It's incredibly unfortunate that I get a TWO-WEEK BAN for something that many people get away with all the time. I sincerely apologize for my rude behavior last night. My actions were only meant to prove a point and to help these servers rather than harm them. I am very unhappy that I have to wait to play TTT on your servers for a whole two weeks, especially since I planned to put all of this up on the forums before I saw I was banned this morning. I hope that the admins can forgive or reduce my two week ban, and to consider my recommendations above. I really enjoy your servers and the players I play with, and I only had the best intentions in mind. I am not a troll or a bully. I simply want to help

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

1st things first. Yeah it is always like that with or without mods. Now it is punished and taken care of by the mods when they are on, but yeah they are doing their jobs. You need 100% proof, or thats suspicion.

2nd why the fuck did you rdm to help mods with the rdm. Yhats like me going out and shooting someone to help with gun control. Now, I was just "helping" but will i still go to jail/prison? Hell yes. Did the cops do their jobs wrong to punish me? Hell no. So why make trouble, where there already is to "help trouble get noticed".

I smell a lie, and a bad job at it.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

In order to protest I break the law, but only when no cops are around. Because people who break the law when no cops are around piss me off.

• Funny Funny x 3