Denied Stellaris's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Stellaris, Aug 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stellaris

Stellaris VIP

Your In Game Nickname:
    Stellaris
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:62755991
    Which Server:
    East2
    Why you should be unbanned:
    Wow, never thought I'd ever have to come here again but here we are. So I was banned from east 2 for ghosting, but I hope to maybe get that reversed, if not at least explain myself. So I join the server late round with 5 people left on innomotel, 1 detective and 4 innocents or traitors, 1 of which is afk. After waiting for a good few minutes and no one doing anything, I see that dude85632 is "dancing" down in the basement. I message him saying, "There's an afk player", or something very similar. I understand the rule about ghosting, which I pasted below.

Ghosting: Ghosting is the act of providing round related game-changing information to a player, or players, through means of third party communications. Examples of third party communications would be steam chat, !p (in game), Skype, or any other form of communication that is not the global chat in-game. As an example, if I messaged a player, "!p <player> *players name here* is a traitor, kill him." it would be ghosting.

In my state of just getting off work and finally sitting down, I was a little impatient to see that nothing was happening and we were going to have to wait another 3 to 5 minutes to play. I realize now that I may have gone a little overboard to speed things up, but then again everyone makes mistakes.

I guess what I'm asking for is a second chance. Honest to god I didn't even know it applied as ghosting when talking about afks and dude... didn't know either until he messaged HelixSpiral which in turn got me banned. I hope you can see past my ignorance and forgive me this time as east 2 is one of the 2 servers that I can play on with good ping. Sorry :/
    Evidence of Innocence:

2. Salem

Salem VIP

Tagging @HelixSpiral to address your appeal.

Please remain patient while waiting for a response.

3. neutral

neutral VIP

Hey @Stellaris

Below is the evidence that was sent to me today:
    [​IMG]

This is textbook ghosting. You gave dude information that he did not previously have that could change the effect of the around.

Ghosting is an offense we take seriously at SGM, and because of this, I will be denying this appeal. However - this is only a localized ban. You are free to play on any of our other servers in the meantime.

Helix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.