Star Trek Online

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Enigmatica, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

It's on steam. It's free to play. It's not pay 2 win. Download it, add me on steam, find me in game.

Useful information:
    STO ID: rbeventhorizon
    STO Main Character: Earthforce Commander

Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/EventHorizonSoundtracks/

Me and 2 other people currently play through the story together. I need 2 more people to start a fleet with.

2. Tsu

Tsu Emma is love. Emma is Life. VIP

My Tholian Recluse carrier would like to beg differ on your "not pay to win" theory. I might log on again (haven't in like 6 months) and see if I can remember my ID. Though I'm already in a Fleet. Though it may be defunct by now lol.

3. Enigmatica

The paid ships have, like, one more console slot.

Anyways I am only level 31 so paid ships don't matter at my point. I'm assuming you are level 50 and wanted to get even more power for your level.

4. Killamarshall

Killamarshall Hmm... interesting.. Smite anyone?? VIP

how do the game mechanics work etc, event give me the idea of what you do in this game.

5. Enigmatica

You can fight in person as either 3rd-person shooter style or WoW style
    You fight RTS battles in space ships
    You can manage your ship's entire crew, hire duty officers, send them on assignments, put them on active duty, etc.
    You can also acquire bridge officers which are high rank people on your ship that manage Stations. Bridge officers will fight on the ground with you and provide skills for you when in space ship battles
    There are several story missions, put together in seasons and broken down into episodes. New seasons are released all the time, so you never run out of story missions to do.
    There is PvP as well as PvE. The universe is very big and there is a lot to explore.
    You can extensively customize the look of your player character as well as your space ship. As you level up, you are eligible for better spaceships.
    You can squad up with other players to Co-op missions, and you can create fleets of at least 5 players that are similar to guilds in WoW
    There are also daily missions that are repeatable daily and offer unique rewards
    You can play as any race from Star Trek, you can even create your own race I've heard. You can also use The Foundry to create your own missions as well as play other player-made missions

That's not everything, but it's what I know so far about STO.

6. cooltj95

cooltj95 Active Member

I have played the game and it's fun. But you are level 31 so it would be hard to play with you.

7. Amazing

Amazing Veteran Member

I got you Elite! I'll be a red shirt

8. Killamarshall

Killamarshall Hmm... interesting.. Smite anyone?? VIP

sounds like a blast, i would love to come join but your so far ahead.

9. Amazing

Amazing Veteran Member

You and I shall be the red shirts!

10. Koba

Koba Give your all VIP Emerald

Downlaoding it now!

11. Tsu

Tsu Emma is love. Emma is Life. VIP

The initial levels are fairly fast to progress, esp with the daily missions. Its once you hit 40 that things start to get a bit Grindy. But the game is enjoyable at all levels, and unllike most mmos have a lot of storyline based quests from beginning to end. It's a steep learning curve, but nowhere near as bad as say EVE.

12. Sinora

Sinora VIP

When playing with a low level, the friend's level can be droped to match to mission at hand, or the player's level can be upped to match the greater level mission. 1st of its kind to Up level someone i believe.

13. White Glint

White Glint New Member

*Cough* I am a pro at this game, I am the one who got event started. What Sinora said is true, you can level match for whatever the mission is at hand. The best part? Even those who are far ahead, coming back to help their lower level friends, can replay the missions their friends are on. This gives leveled exp and item rewards that match the higher levels current rank upon completion, so it gives amazing benefits to both.

14. Enigmatica

Yup. Star Trek Online is a MMO done right.

15. Amazing

Amazing Veteran Member

By the way Event, I named my ship the U.S.S. Horizon