Approved Squanchy's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Squanchy, Aug 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squanchy

Squanchy VIP

Your In Game Nickname:
    Squanchy
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:50682399​
    Which Server:
    East 2
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I was banned for ghosting (1st offense). I agree that what I did qualifies as ghosting - the mod who banned me, @Chris. is 100% correct. Yet, it was an honest mistake made because I asked for technical assistance in the shoutbox, because I can't see most of the textures. I returned to the game after many months of absence, and completely overlooked the fact that this is ghosting (sorry, just needed some help, because mods keep ignoring me. I have asked them many times for assistance, yet they are the most efficient when it comes to BANNING. Nice to be back!)​
    Evidence of Innocence:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  2. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

I'll tag @Chris. to handle this appeal.

3. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

I am currently staffing, so please be patient while I respond.

It is actually East 2, not East 1 however.

4. Squanchy

Squanchy VIP

Thanks @Chris. . Also go ahead and submit the chat snapshot (in which I ask for help and none of the 3 mods cared to reply). I closed Gmod without being able to take a screenshot before getting banned.

5. Chris

Ok, so @Squanchy - As you already know, I banned you for ghosting today.

You ghosted by posting a picture of the round start while you were a Traitor, exposing who all of the other traitors were. This can be seen here;

[​IMG]

And the larger version of that screenshot can be seen here;

[​IMG]

I noticed this in the Shoutbox as I had it open on one of my monitors. A player also reported this to the staff that were online;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you may know, and you can see in the above screenshot, I was one of these Traitor Buddies, so I was able to validate the authenticity of this screenshot instantly.

So that's the offence and evidence. As for your other comment, you actually asked just once about the Error messages, and I was actually about to reply to you and to try to help you after I had died, but then I noticed this image in the shoutbox.

Now, in regards to this offence, it's quite serious. There were many steps you could of taken to avoid this:
    • Take a screenshot during pre-round
    • Take a screenshot as an Innocent with no 'ghostable' information in the picture (Clip the picture to just the errors)
    • Take a screenshot after your list of traitor buddies dissapeared and also containing no 'ghostable' information
    • This screenshot would of been fine if it was posted onto the forums at a later date, atleast after this round had ended.
    Due to these aforementioned points, I am afraid that I will not be bringing good news today.

Appeal: Denied
    Ban: Not Voided
    Thread: Locked

I hope you can learn from this mistake and not repeat it. This ban is currently local to East 2, meaning you are free to join our 6 other TTT servers.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  6. Chris

After talking in private and receiving an apology, the ban has now been reduced to a 1 Week Local ban, minus the day already served on the ban.

Appeal: Accepted
    Ban: Not Voided
    Thread: Locked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.