Denied Sniperz (dead inside)'s Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Sniperz (dead inside), Sep 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your In Game Nickname:
    Sniperz`
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:63007893
    Which Server:
    West 2
    Why you should be unbanned:
    The reason for my ban is RDM x3. For 24 hours. This was caused due to a jihad that killed 3 of my T buddies; that I can happily say I called the jihad with MORE than equivalent time used by all other players jihad-ing spawn ( assuming they even cared to call it. )​
    Evidence of Innocence:
    The following link is a screenshot of the jihad call.
    https://imgur.com/a/BQNgq
    The link(s) below is the report I was sent. ( and the added question on the bottom )
    https://imgur.com/afs8Zpo
    https://imgur.com/oRvj8bj

As I said in my report response directly to the trail-mod, unless there is EXPLICIT requirement for the AMOUNT OF TIME to be given ahead of a warning-- I would not be taking responsibility for the kills, I was sent no response; simply given a ban. So I had to do some digging myself and I found it (below; and covered in the third point) Secondly, I have been killed multiple times by nuke calls where frags are thrown and explode AS the call comes out, and quite frankly, I learned to A: Leave spawn as soon as fucking possible. B: Run solo and stay away from everyone. Third, if you can not move from spawn within the first 20 seconds preparing AND an additional 7 seconds into the round, you deserve to die to a spawn jihad; which there were plenty of them rounds before-- may I add UNCALLED just because I almost died to two of them c:. Fourthly, I killed the trial-mod that reported me for the kills. Upon death he noted I should have given more time in text chat and voice chat; to which I responded I'll try to give a bit more time, no problem in an extra 2-3 seconds. Following the report I got from him I got quite angry seeing as he added 3 total kills which would cause my current 24 hour ban. Under the circumstances he used my response as grounds to justify the ban at the time. Warning was given, and 2/3 traitors were AFK in the spawn area. This excludes the trail-mod.

"Warnings to teammates:
    Whenever you are about to use an explosive item, activate a map trap/hazard, or perform any action that may cause collateral damage, you MUST provide a sufficient warning in a timely manner to your teammates, allowing them enough time to react and to move or stay away."
    >I believe the time required for AFK traitors would be infinite, correct?

--A: 7 seconds total time until the jihad explosion.
    --B: Totaling the spawn jihads from the previous 3 rounds it exceeds 7; you should get the idea by then to leave spawn.​

2. Fregley

Fregley ThErE aRe StOrIeS wAiTiNg To Be MaDe VIP Silver

I'll tag @Chris. as he is the one who banned you.

3. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

Hello @Sniperz (dead inside) - Your screenshot looks like it is from a video, do you have let's say 10 seconds, video from the start of that round to the end?

From my perspective, you warn at 00:05, activate and jump down, explode at 00:07 and cause the death of 3 Traitor buddies due to the lack of a sufficient warning.

You have provided screenshots of the report, response and damage caused, so I would be interested to see this short video clip before I decide a verdict.

Thank you.

4. Will edit and post the video within the next 10 minutes

5. Video shows the non-afk traitor being the trial-mod and the two afk traitors (although the smoke blocks them)
    edit: apologizes for the time it took, the editing software I used is still new to me.

6. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

Thank you for providing the video. This has now made the verdict clear for me, however I would like to point out a couple of things before I show my decision.

I was training 3 trials at the time, and I asked the first trial to notice to report these kills due to the lack of sufficient warning, which as you can see, was the trial that was caught in this RDM, so it was not personal at all.

Below is the relevant quote from the extended rules.

As I am sure that you saw from your video, you purchased, warned and activated and jumped down into the spawn, all in an incredibly short space of time, and you killed 3 traitor buddies. As you can see in the extended rules, and as I am sure you would agree if this was a kill on you, this warning was not sufficient to the act. Because of this, the 3 traitor buddy kills were RDM and netted you a Mass RDM X3 ban for 24 Hours.

I have decided that this Appeal will be Denied.

Thread: Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.