Six Years of TTT

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by STONEY, Jun 15, 2016.

1. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

What a long time it's been for me. Most of you know me as the Moderator and others know as the guy you need to try and kill first in the game cause I will rek you otherwise :sneaky:

Either way I'm a strong supporter of Trouble in Terrorist Town and always have been.

Back in the summer of 2010 I had just finished my 3 years of Middle School and was going on to High School in the fall. I was currently addicted to playing RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 and felt like going back to playing GMOD again as I took a break from playing Dark RP servers. When I came back to GMOD I wanted to try out some other game modes as there were a lot to go around. So I tried a few that seemed cool for a couple rounds and then became lame. However the next game mode would be the last I need to play.

I saw a game mode called Trouble In Terrorist Town I was a little confused at what that could even be when I got onto the server, but I was really overwhelmed by the amount of joy the players were having. I read the F1 How to Play and somewhat learned how to play for a round or 2. Then all of sudden I was getting the hang of it. Man was it fun for the summer of 2010 my life seemed to only consist of sleep, eating, and playing TTT. And of course the friendships that would last and all the good laughs that can come out of a game.

After almost 2 years that first community ended up dying and I didn't believe there were more out there that could've come close to how fun and enjoyable it was to play with people I strongly knew and played with nearly every day of my life. But I strived to keep playing my favorite game and would soon find another server, hoping that I would enjoy it and and live on a legacy of TTT no matter how long it may take.

A member of the first community about 3 months after it ended decided to go and make his own server/community. A lot of people I knew from the first community would end up getting invited or just find it on their own and continue playing. I was then asked if I wanted to be a Staff Member for it as they were new and needed the help. So I took the offer and was an Admin for them for about 5 months until sadly once again another community had died.

Most of us already know how important and dependable a community only if it is for TTT can be. So every time a community died for me it really had me feeling struggled and lost, like I didn't know what to do anymore or where to go. But I always would find another one sooner or later.

Once again another member of the first community had created their own server and attempted to revive the good 'ol summer of 2010 again and we had a perfect day where almost everyone I knew was on and playing TTT just like that summer. That server though, sadly only seemed like a trip down "memory lane" and never really felt like anything more. So as everything else, that server eventually died out as well, leaving me to find a new place to play.

The year was 2012 now and I had finally found a new community I felt like I could fit right into. I ended up making so many friends and it was here that my skills in the game were beginning to grow and become stronger. Also the rules in this community had me learn more about the strategics of TTT a lot more. I was getting along with everyone, including staff, the owner would always come on and play with us to make sure we were all enjoying our stay. Unfortunately my stay would only last about a year due to another death of a community.

It was in 2013 that things started to get very interesting for TTT. 2 Big servers were getting a lot of attention in the summertime and Serious GMOD was one of them. The reason they were getting so much attention was the amount of content that was included in the pointshops, and the amount of added content to the Traitor Buy Menu and Detective Buy Menu. It really changed things around for TTT. The other server that was Big I started on first but it just seemed after a while to be a big mess of content and their rules were all over the place and not very organized the way rules should be. So I didn't stay too long on that server and tried out Serious GMOD. The first map I joined on was ttt_waterworld and I'll never forget the experience. The high amount of players and loads of weapons had me oh, so excited! I also quickly found out about the jihad sounds which I don't think I had ever seen before in the pointshop. I didn't really at the time get too much into the community though as it was so big and so many people were talking in conversation about all kinds of things and the fact that you had to donate to really get anything great. I didn't have the kind of money to spend like that at the time so I moved on.

The next community, I can't really remember how I found it exactly, but once I got in it had a very special new system which I had admired. It had it where when you die, you get a popup list of the current traitors alive so you can go and spec them and not have to ask who the last T's were. That community didn't really have much of a pointshop though, but it didn't matter that much as long as I was having a good fun time. It didn't take long for that community to notice me, because at that point my skills were through the roof and almost everyone suspected me of hacking. Which always acts as a compliment to me. The server also had sort of a betting system but damn me for not remembering how it worked. I would stay in this community until it died after a little shorter than a year.

I then ventured on to yet another server which had a very weird but tempting new system that involved getting crates and crafting keys to unlock and receive items to use. This server would be a very competitive one for me as a lot of the players skills were very good to match mine and although I didn't agree with a lot of the rules and map choices I felt like I was stuck playing it since I couldn't find another server to play on.
    So I would continue to play until it finally died which happened very randomly to be honest.

But after the death of that server/community I would take a 3 month break from GMOD and play games like Grand Theft Auto V and FarCry 4.

In the fall of 2015 I ended up coming back to Serious GMOD to find out it's reputation had become one of the most successful communities I have ever seen. The growing amount of members, the large amount of servers, the extension of rules (which really grabbed my attention), the forum reporting system, and the huge amount of staff members to keep all the servers maintained. It was at this point I knew TTT is going to last a very, very, long time.

I have been and stayed here at Serious GMOD since September of 2015 and haven't had the need to play any other server since. Within that time I've applied to be a staff member and got the position within a month and since then I've been a proud supporter of this community and agree with everything that happens here.
    This community is the largest I've ever been a part of and the fact that they welcomed me in and let me be a part of it every single day makes me feel that my legacy is in fact living on and hopefully people realise how long of a way I have come through 6 years of it. I want to thank you all here at Serious GMOD, whether you're the Owner, the Admins, the fellow Moderators, or the players that look up to me while playing together. You all are what drive me to want to keep playing TTT year after year. I can't express in words how much it means to me to be a part of this community, being the Largest and most Successful in all of GMOD.

NO ADVERTISING INTENDED just want to make the list of the communities I've been a part of that got me where I am today.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

CHIEFEHS TTT (2010 - 2012)

STATIOUS TTT (2011)

MAGIC MUSHROOM (2012 - 2013)

TECTONIC GAMING (2012 - 2013)

420 TTT (2013 - 2014)

HIGH STANDARD GAMING (2013 - 2014)

DEVOLVED (2014 - 2015)

SERIOUS GMOD (2013, 2015 - Present)

______________________________________________________________________________

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  2. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

I fucking swear Stoney. You gave me a fucking heart attack dont do that again xD

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Wait you played devolved?!?!? That place was fun. I'd rather be here though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Nice! :sneaky: :D

5. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

Just a quick question, how do you play 6 years daily and not get burnt out...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Its the same as playing COD for 5 years straight. When you love the game, you just stay with it.

7. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

Did you even read?

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

welp im tired so rip

9. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

let me just say I didn't read all of it but, I've been doing ttt for about half the time you have been doing it and, At this point I am too addicted to quit. 3 years... godamn it.
    :)

10. Gestapo

Gestapo VIP

I know 420 and Devolved, Devolved for the amount of custom crap like when they added some type of "CSGO" trade system and 420 for there beautiful custom hitboxes I fucking loved.

Well nice man you made it this far and still play TTT damn daniel.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. lamp

lamp VIP

caused the weirdest fucking widow glitch though

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

the video that introduced me to TTT

thanks seananners