Simple addition to be done

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by AthlonZ, Nov 22, 2014.

1. AthlonZ

AthlonZ New Member

Question : How can you ensure that people do actually READ the MOTD? Is there a confirmation of reading the documents? otherwise, people have the chance to ignore the MOTD and proceed to play, I think I never Entirely Read a single motd of over 10,000 gaming servers since I started playing online games. I do not know how many players read the entire thing and successfuly understood 100% of the MOTD's content. In some sense, it IS impossible to ensure everyone, either of every ages or of every backgrounds to actually read and understand the MOTD, and-on-top-of-that, It got me banned obviously because I did never intended to get over a single week of a ban out of anything, and certainly not global.

Seemingly very few people do actually get global ban, It reminded me much of the case of Jeff Mizanskey, a Missouri man who is serving a life sentence without parole for smoking pot due to the three-strikes law regarding marijuana laws in that State, like him, I did not intent to get an over-the-head sentence, I did not follow what the textbook said and it got me in Big and Significant troubles as I do enjoy your servers immensely, I do serve apparently a 8 week ban now from this community as a result.

IF, At the time of my global ban, and my complete incomprehension of the situation (made obvious by the fact I didn't even remotely want to call it an "appeal") and the number of views on my appeal thread made me think. Something CAN be done to make it CLEARER and again, As odd of a method it might be, a simple video of being banned or explaination of the rules system would be MUCH appreciated.

TL;DR : How can this community ensure that people using theirs servers WILL and in fact CONFIRM that they read the rules and did in fact understand them, and if afterward they are breaking the rules, then you can actually point back to the signing and understanding of the MOTD. Take it as a free tip.

Awnser : Up to you.

2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

So...what exactly do you want done? Its not our fault you don't read the MOTD?

3. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

If you decide to not read the MOTD, any rule breaking is your fault. If you complain about getting slain/banned for your offenses of rulebreaking, then you are a silly ill-witted individual.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Blake

Blake Respect VIP

Basically what Carned said, it is up to the player to read the !motd. And, if you decided not to, and got punished for something you did not know, then that is your fault. We display it loading in and have an in-game command so our new players can easily reach and read the server rules.

Also, I would like to state that understanding our rules is fairly simple, and blunt. If you read over the !motd, it is hardly confusing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

"If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough." -John Grisham

Honestly, as you were told in your appeal, your own ignorance to the rules is not an excuse for breaking them.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
    • Winner Winner x 3
  6. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Everything is clear-cut.

7. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

As I've personally told you before locking your appeal, "lack of knowledge does not excuse you form of punishment."

I have also linked the guide to Serious TTT thread in your appeal so you can also understand some of the clarification of our rules in your appeal and recommended that you check out the Q&A section for even further clarification if you do not understand some of the rules.

8. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

It's your loading screen. You can also type it out in chat. Or if you're really keen on it, it's handy dandy on this website that you're using.

We also have the rules explained in multiple threads...and a Q&A section.