Shrink the map

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by DieKasta, Jan 25, 2017.

1. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

I'd love to see the map condensed into a significantly smaller space. I've probably played for about 5-6 hours and spent most of that time /rtping around trying to find signs of civilization, but all I've found so far was an abandoned igloo.

I love working with and engaging other players in-game, but I feel like I'm playing No Man's Sky here

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

It's fun and all to build alongside others, that is until they claim the land where you were planning to expand to. Also I'm more of a builder/survivalist type, and I don't much care for the constant PVP, raids, trolls, land wars, etc. So I definitely prefer the larger map so I can stay away from other people. If I want to meet/battle others, then I'll utilize the minigames for that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Eh, I actually met someone today. Their house is like 300 blocks from mine. And I was just RTPing around.

DieKasta, I know you're looking for people to kill, but give it up for a bit. Server just started. There's less than 30 bases, as many people are grouped up. I doubt you'd see many people.

4. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

Its not just about looking for people to kill. I wanna see signs of life. Without the use of /tpa I'd feel like I was in single player.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Amatsu

Amatsu Emerald

I've bumped into two people, so we are a bit sparse.

6. Tinbuster00

Tinbuster00 See you on the forums! VIP Silver Emerald

While a smaller map could solve this, I think disabling the /rtp and changing spawning could also work.

When you first walk through the spawn portal everyone is teleported to a random location rather than setting out on their own from a central spawn location. If you make a central spawn point people will tend to settle near there which I personally enjoy more as you get to see everything that everyone else has worked on. The people that want to be far away still have the option to but it takes more effort than just using /rtp and it brings back the exploratory feel to minecraft.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Lone Wanderer

Lone Wanderer The One and Only VIP

One approach that I've thought of to keep the 'map' smaller, while still keeping the /rtp command, could be to limit the /rtp command to only teleport people a certain distance from the center of the map. I'm thinking somewhere between 1000-2500 blocks away from the center of the map, rather than getting into the insane numbers of 7000 or upward. That way, people would still spawn decently spread apart should they use that command, but they wouldn't be teleported so far away beyond the reasonable distance to find people.

• Like Like x 1