Denied sephr's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by sephr, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sephr

sephr Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    sephr
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:20537521
    Which Server:
    East 2
    Why you should be unbanned:
    (Not banned yet, but I'm probably going to get banned for RDM and leave in a few minutes.)

I killed 2 people who were refusing to kill each other. Yes, I am aware of the rule that you can't kill for not following koses, but this was a situation where, with absolute 100% accuracy I can say that one or both of them are traitors, given the evidence below.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    I'm playing on 67thway as a detective one round. There were 5 people alive in the scoreboard, and 5 people on my radar (including me), so nobody is in disguise. I just witnessed 2 people killing a traitor (both dealt damage to the traitor and neither received an rdm slay), so they were proven (total proven so far: 3/5). If you are allowed to apply basic logic to this situation, you are aware that one or both of the remaining players are traitors. This is an absolute truth. When literally everyone else is proven except 2 people, then you know for a fact that one of them is traitor, but if neither of them will KOS the other all you get is a delayed round.
    In this situation, the last 2 players were traitors, and I told one traitor (the one who was following me) to KOS the other one on sight, and I told the opposite to the traitor that I wasn't with (to KOS the other one on sight). The second the traitor with me finally was close to the other traitor, they simply ran away so I killed them for refusing to follow the only logically valid KOS. This is different for killing someone for refusing to follow any KOS--it's the only possible KOS left with every other unproven dead.

Are we not allowed to use deductive reasoning?

A similar situation to this happened before on community bowling with Event Horizon online (back when he was a lead admin); I got reported for killing 2 people (3 total alive, including me) who were literally the last 2 people alive other than me and refusing to kill each other. Event explained to me that I did not rdm back then.

The intent of the "no killing for not following KOSes" rule is to stop people from killing anyone who walks past a KOSed person, not to ban basic deduction skills.

I've done this type of KOS by logical deduction (with 2 unprovens left alive) 8+ times with various other mods on who were okay with it, so if what I'm doing is wrong please add another 8 slays to me.

This is the very first time I have been banned for RDM and leave, and I have over 1000 hours on Serious TTT. I've done this 8 times before with mods on with no slay. I would have at least one prior rdm and leave ban if I was ever slain for this previously, as I would leave before ever accepting such a slay (as I did just now).​

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  2. Big Al

Big Al I hit em' up VIP

3. Whitewolfx0

Whitewolfx0 Keep the shiny side up. VIP

Hello @sephr I banned you for your first offence of RDM and Leave Below is the report filed on you and I will be going over why what you did was wrong. I tried to explain in game but you didn't seem to want to listen.
    [​IMG]

Yes both of them were traitors in this instance, but what you just said "one or both" were traitors meaning you killed them on suspicion.

Sometimes Mods don't get to reports right away, or are waiting for a response. You encountered this when it took me two round to slay you for this.

As for this section of your post, yes we do allow the last two unproven people to fight it out as they are the only two logical people left. What you did was RDM because we DO NOT allow a third person to come in and kill the last two(which would be killing on suspicion) as they do not know which one is a traitor or not. You admitted to me that neither were proven(seen below). So I slayed you for this.

As for what @Enigmatica said I have no Idea, I was going off what my fellow mods have told me and what my Lead Admin @Slicck have told me.
    [​IMG]

You than proceeded to willingly leave (shown below) when if you thought I was abusing my power, should have made a forum report.
    [​IMG]
    So with you willingly leaving on a slay round, I must Deny your appeal if @Slicck or @TheCoCoFTW feel this was unjust than they will chime in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.