Denied Scruffy The Janitor's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Scruffy The Janitor, May 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your In Game Nickname:
    Scruffy The Janitor
    Your Steam ID:
    Which Server:
    East2
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I was accused of ghosting, for the few times i played TTT I was banned, I have 160+ hours on deathrun, and am somewhat know in the deathrun community.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    The evidence that was provided and the original ban I wasn't tagged in so i had no way of knowing I was reported until tagged later on in the event which I had not logged onto the fourms.

In the screenshot provieded here ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674384390 ) there was no way of telling that it was ghosting, i could have said that it was anyone and that if they killed them, and took a screenshot like this I could've been banned for it. I feel that the ban was not evident enough to be deemed as "ghosting" as i said a name, and then the victim was killed and the reporter took a screenshot of me saying it was someone deemed me as saying it was "ghosting" there was no proof of when i said it, if i was alive when i sent it or when i was dead when i sent it. I feel the report was not vaild. Also in the report it said I was contacted, but I had no way of knowing of the report till after it happened.

Here is the original report: https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/report-against-scruffy-the-janitor.28132/

I did change my steam ID since the report happened.
    Thank you, and if my appeal is invalid sorry for the waste of time.​

2. kynwall

kynwall "Painting Roses" VIP

You were banned by @C.A.Anna for Ghosting 1st offense, and she'll respond at her earliest convenience so please be patient; thank-you.

3. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

Hi scruffy,

Im at work and won't be able to respond to this appeal with my reasoning and evidence or another 12 hours. I do apologise for the inconvenience and ask that you be patient with me.

4. Don't worry @C.A.Anna I'm in no rush, feel free to take your time and look at the evidence as long as you'd need.

5. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

I do apologise for the delay in my response. Life is a busy thing I must say.

Anyway, now that I am here lets jump into it. When the report was made I decided to check the logs of the round to get a better idea of what was going on. I unfortunately didn't take screenshots of these and because of old logs, they have been wiped. However I will explain what I can remember from the logs alone.

The screenshot of your messages was taken with 12 seconds before haste mode was up. That means it was taken at 3:48. You had died well before this time which would indicate that you sent this message when you were dead something that you claim couldn't be proved. The player that you mentioned, loon, as shown here had been killed but hadn't been id'ed until 3:44. Which means the player who reported you had no idea if this person was a traitor or an innocent during the time you sent the pm's. This is taking into account the time taken to find the body, and screenshot.

Even so, you told the player something they were not aware of, even if the player had been identified at the start of the round, the player may not have known that, which they didn't at the time and thus you ghosted.

The definition of ghosting is as follows:
    [​IMG]
    You used in game private chat to tell the player something they were not yet aware of. You broke our rules and thus I deemed the report against you valid.

Now you claim that you had no idea you were reported but the thing is, when I saw the report and tagged you, you had already been looking at it. After I tagged you, I waited 24 hours, which in that time you had been on the forums yet you said nothing on the report. You had a chance to defend yourself then and the fact you are saying that you didn't and are straight up lying does not look favourable upon yourself.

I really don't see a reason as to why I should unban you. You have plenty of hours on our deathrun server which would make me believe that you would know how to act on our TTT servers too. Not only that, you blatantly lied in your appeal here, saying you didn't get a chance to defend yourself when you had more than ample time to do so and just decided not to.

Because of this I'll be denying this appeal. The ban is only local so you are more than welcome to play on our many other TTT servers.

Thank you and take care.
    ~C.A.Anna

Appeal: Denied
    Thread: Locked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.