Denied SCA_Satan's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by SCA_Satan, Apr 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SCA_Satan

SCA_Satan VIP

Your In Game Nickname:
    ىćą¹ « Satan
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:20080392
    Which Server:
    West
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I am new to TTT, and new to the servers. I have played a few matches here and there. The individuals who made RDM reports ingame are correct, it was RDM. Twice during a match on Community Pool, I witnessed a player begin shooting at another player.

The first time was in the basement area, where I saw one player begin to shoot at another. I promptly began to kill the one who started the firefight. I was shot at by the other individual, killed him, and checked both bodies. The one who started the fight was Innocent, while the other was traitorous. As far as I understand the rules, shooting at another player is a reason to kill them.

The second time was in the pool area a round or two later. I saw a player begin firing what I believed to be a silenced SMG. Now, on the few other servers I have played on, Silenced weapons are Traitor only and having one without being proven (and keeping track of who is proven or not on servers these large is very challenging) is usually met with instant retaliation. I walked into the area from the men's restroom, and saw what was either the beginning or the middle of a firefight. I promptly shot who I, to all of my knowledge, was a traitor. This player was an Innocent, and I was promptly shot by the Traitor he was fighting.

In conclusion, I did RDM. However, I am still developing as a player in terms of TTT, and believe I should be given some leniency. A 5 day ban for "RDM and Leave" seems incorrect, since I came in and stayed for well over an hour (having 4 servers with similar titles makes this confusing to keep track of, however.) I did RDM, I will not dispute, but I do not believe I deserve a 5 day ban because of such.
    Evidence of Innocence:

2. StarGazingNight. <3

StarGazingNight. <3 It's dangerous to go alone... TAKE THISSSSSS!!! VIP

Hello @SCA_Satan , I would like to thank you for taking the time to make a ban appeal, the person who has banned you was @Salisian , he will be responding at his earliest convenience. Also since you said you are new to our servers, I would like to say we have other servers also that you can join so feel freely to join them and have fun. (I would also like to remind you that if you are slain, it is on your head that you stay the whole round until the round ends while you are slain otherwise it is considered RDM and Leave on our servers unless you tell a staff member that you are good to go or have a valid reason to leave.)

3. Salisian

Salisian An unbroken series of successful gestures VIP

I can't get Steamcommunity screenshots to function correctly at the moment, so we have to use the inferior imgur

[​IMG]

What happened was that two reports were submitted against you in a round. Azure was training a trial mod at the time, so they ended up getting left for a round or two before Azure said I should handle them, because his trial wasn't going to get to that point before the map change. By the time I got to them, you had signed off. The first of the reports was invalid- you shot a guy for shooting, which isn't RDM, so no slay. In the second, however, you shot someone who had been firing, but not at anyone (since I had just joined, I was actually spectating the second event, and he wasn't part of the firefight halfway across the room.) You mistook his honey badger for a silenced weapon. For your edification, the honey badger is somewhat louder than our three silenced weapons. It's an honest mistake for a new player.

The 5-day single-server ban for RDM and leave is protocol here. However, because of the mitigating circumstance (the one round delay) and the fact that it's your first offense, I'm willing to strike it from the record if you serve your slay. Add me on Steam, and next time you're in game, I'll come handle it.

As a general rule, especially if you have had reports filed on you in the last couple rounds, it's a good idea to PM a moderator to ask if you're clear to leave to avoid this in the future.

4. SCA_Satan

SCA_Satan VIP

Thank you. I'll keep it as a learning experience. I'll try and keep myself from leaving prematurely in the event of an RDM report without talking to a moderator or admin ingame. I will also take some more time to make certain my kills are more appropriate for my role in game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.