Denied s1rcool's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by s1rcool, Dec 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s1rcool

s1rcool Active Member VIP

Your In Game Nickname:
    s1rcool
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:52948792
    Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Why you should be unbanned:
    Played Earlier and reports were filed against me and I answered them all with valid reasons. Rounds have passed and no slays were placed on me then I noticed I was banned. Would like to know why I was banned.
    Evidence of Innocence:

2. Alisae

Alisae VIP Silver

You were banned by @Drunk Dog for RDM and Leave, 1st.

He will respond at his earlier convenience!

3. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

Hi @s1rcool ,

Sorry for the late reply, and hope your day is going well. I'm just in the process of struggling to get my evidence in-place and ready to be shared (demo issues), but I'll have it up shortly. Hope you don't mind the wait,

Drunk.

4. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Here's the evidence of the situation which led to your ban. Quick note, the demo currently doesn't show who is actually speaking; however, I'm sure you can recognize your own voice, @s1rcool , and if it really comes down to it (if you say something like "that's not me"), then I can spend more time on my demo and fix the issues preventing names from showing up. I've also cropped the video clip to the appropriate section for evidence; however, if you are to claim that I had passed by the unidentified body earlier in the round, then I will be more than happy to upload footage of the entire round up to my death as well.

As you can see from the demo, I'm at the top of the Volcano with the innocent pirater, when you KOS me. After which, pirater kills me based on your KOS.
    Now here's the report I sent on you, and your response:
    [​IMG]
    An unid'd? Where? I'm at the top of the volcano, I'm not walking around passing by unidentified bodies and such. There's literally no unidentified bodies in my area, and I had been up there for quite a while (and like i said, if needed I can upload a demo of the entire round). The only body I saw in a reasonable amount of time before you KOS'd me, was a body wayyyyy down below, which had already been identified.

Now, you gave your response in the preparing of the next round, and once the round started, I was unable to check the logs unless I were to die in-game. During that round, this happened:

[​IMG]

You left, and I killed myself to check your response to my report. Only to find that it had been completely false, as I did not walk past any unidentified bodies, nor did I even see any.

Before denying this appeal, I will allow you to explain yourself again, or give you the right to ask for better evidence (with your name appearing while you talk, and with the entire round being shown).

5. s1rcool

s1rcool Active Member VIP

Yes I did call the KOS on you no need for further evidence there is no need for lies in this appeal. From my POV I saw you up there looking down and a guy shoots someone a few blocks below you, I saw this scene and you did not do anything about this, you can see from the response to your report.

However, no slays were placed on me or a message regarding about my response. I would have accepted the slay if we got the chance to talk about the event but this did not happen for again no slays were placed. I am aware of how some staff take a long time to place slays and since I was not notified of any I left. I would respect any decision of yours to accept or deny my appeal.

Peace.

6. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Hi @s1rcool ,

No slays were placed on you because, as I said, I didn't get a chance to review your response to the report until after you had left the server. In the future, a good tactic is to message whichever staff is present with the @ command and ask if you're okay to leave if there has recently been some report filed against you that may have not been handled yet in order to avoid bans like this.

After reviewing the round from multiple perspectives, and seeing where the unidentified body was that you KOS'd me for, I've decided to deny this appeal, and you can see my reasoning for this by reviewing the next demo yourself.

As you can see from comparing the two demos, I had never witnessed what transpired there, and given the distance of the unidentified body from myself, it's incredibly reasonable for me to make "no attempt to ID it". The rule surrounding unidentified bodies is that it's KOS'able to pass by them without identifying them. Killing players for being as far away from unidentified bodies as I was just because they didn't ID them is a complete stretch of that rule, and dangerously close to loophole RDM. What is most concerning about the evidence provided here is relating it to how often you as a player use the phrase "passed by unid'd" as a response to reports against you, and the possibility that a lot of those responses are for situations similar to this in which what you had witnessed was not actually a traitorous act at all.

So the ban appeal will be denied for now, and I'm going to give you the same advice I was given once by suggesting that you strongly reconsider how you go about playing this gamemode, and your reasoning for killing players. Don't be so trigger happy; the rules aren't as malleable as you may think.

And of course, as you know, you are still able to play on any of the other 6 TTT servers, and the deathrun server while banned. Have a good day,

Drunk Dog.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.