Rule of "Shooting Towards Players"

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Dako, May 14, 2014.

1. Dako

Dako VIP

I believe the act of "Shooting towards players" is too thin a line for a rule. For instance, if you shoot near a players feet and they kill you, two arguments could be made.

1. You were shooting towards them, they had full right to kill you.

2. You were shooting the ground and not towards a player, they had no right to kill you, slay them for RDM.

Logs cannot, from what I understand, log directions of shots. Only damage dealt and by whom; making this rule extremely hard to enforce accurately (At least I believe it would be). Its purely based on the word of both players, which anything based off sheer word gets nowhere. I think this rule should be fixed in the ways staff see fit, but I suggest either:

- Outright shooting is a Traitorous act
    or
    - Shooting is not Traitorous at all, unless damaging a player.

That's really all I have to suggest. as I've seen the kinds of fights caused over this.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  2. mleynek19

mleynek19 VIP

The only shooting approved that is not considered shooting towards players are straight up to the sky or directly at a wall while you are super close to the wall

If someone shoots at me I will kill them

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

This is stupid, so say your stood behind a sniper and he shoots, by you ruling you can't kill him because you'd have no idea if it hit him.

Seriously though, why has suggestion become "im bad at the game please change things"

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Dako

Dako VIP

There's a reason this is a suggestion and not it straight up being a bitch fest. However it seems different for you because all you seem to do it start a bitchfest on suggestions you don't like. It's our opinion, and we suggest for things to change. You don't have to agree with it, but you don't have to be a dick about it either.

5. Carned

I disagree with it being a suggestion so i gave my opinion and people agreed with me.. sorry that you couldn't take my feedback.

6. Dako

Dako VIP

I can take your feedback when it's civil and in a professional manner. I just expect more from a member of staff and even moreso one with an admin ranking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

-1 To keep from getting what your point of view is RDM, don't randomly shoot at player's feet, because you are shooting towards them. Don't shoot randomly in the air or at walls or straight at the ground, because you risk RDMing someone and you risk getting RDM'd. This is serious TTT, not let's traitor bait everyone and see how long we can get away with it before we get killed TTT.

Bottom line: Shooting towards/at players is traitorous.

Shooting near players isn't traitorous because it is very open to interpretation.

8. Killamarshall

Killamarshall Hmm... interesting.. Smite anyone?? VIP

The rule is fine how it is. There is very few instances where its not hard to tell, generally what i did as staff is look for the differences in the story. More than likely the person saying they never tbaited/shot a wall was in fact shooting so i chalk it up to "don't shoot your weapon at/towards or around another player" the reason i put around another player is because if you walk up to someone and fire a shot at the roof directly behind their back, idk about most of you but i turn around and shoot.

9. DocFox

Actually, he gave his opinion on the suggestion in a professional manner. He didn't say that you were stupid; he said the suggestion was stupid.

10. Dako

Dako VIP

That's the entire basis I'm trying to get at. How is a staff member supposed to be able to tell if it's toward a player, or at a wall when reading logs for a report? I've had someone shoot the ground, be shot, then nothing happen because lack of proof.

11. DocFox

I'm not sure how many people remember, but there used to be no such rule in the books. Shooting towards another player wasn't traitorous, because you could be an innocent getting shot at by a traitor and couldn't kill then until a shot connected.

12. DocFox

Well, maybe the noobie player shouldn't have t baited. He learned his lesson. This is serious TTT. Not, let's try to get people to kill me TTT. Yes, the logs don't show direction but that would be impossible to see trajectory of the projectile.

Addendum: Staff take care of the ones they witness, but don't think you can get away with RDMing a person or getting people to RDM you because you want to intentionally get killed.

Let me also point out that most good traitors don't kill those people, because they know some innocent will do it for them.

13. Carned

The reason i am very blunt is because we get around 100 reports a day about "I was shooting at and i was killed for it" people just need to learn to read the MOTD and understand that shooting will get you killed, and we have shot logs to identify if someone is shooting so we go off that.

And my comment about suggestions being filled with "Easy mode" suggestions was very valid considering the shit that is getting posted recently, i said you had a poor suggestion not anything directed at you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dako

Dako VIP

There are a lot of suggestions people have. You guys don't exactly have guidelines for them which (I suggest..) be made if there are so many "Poor Suggestions"..I don't go through and read them all, I simply play on East 1 or 2 and pop over here when nobody is on to see if I could suggest fixes. I mean, I just didn't expect an admin to tab over and basically call my idea stupid and sum it up as me whining about being killed for T baiting.

15. Carned

I never said you weren't allowed to suggest anything, i just gave my opinion on the suggestion, it just happened to be negative.

16. Dako

Dako VIP

I know you didn't, I just took offense to your method of being negative, if that makes sense.

17. Killamarshall

Killamarshall Hmm... interesting.. Smite anyone?? VIP

Honestly this is going to far... Carned gave his reply and OP didn't like the way it was stated. Big whoop. Its a forum, the suggestion was a dumb suggestion and carned spoke his mind about it i think the thread should be locked up nice and tight to prevent anymore conflicts.