Richland map

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Chii, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Chii

Chii Seriously a Baka VIP

• Like Like x 2
  2. Yawn.

Yawn. Previously known as Kindle, Books, Pages.

Oh, yes please. Bringing back the olden days of TTT. Remember when it was a dm_ map. Can't think of a map that's better for TTT, even Clue if it had more traps.

3. Black Rabbit

Black Rabbit I'm a Villain! VIP

omg I want :eek:

4. seems a bit small for our community...

5. Chii

its actually alot bigger then it looks it has a underground as well

6. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

Oh god. I never realize how much I miss a map until someone posts it xD.

The only negative are the traps.. It'll be hard to control the RDM from those.

7. I like the map with polteirgeist, when some people play around with the blue dumpster thing, I just polteirgeist that shit and everyone dies.

8. Chii

The traps arent just for T's?

9. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

No. There are no T only traps on the map. There are around 6 traps on the map, some are broken(thankfully) but there are two deadly one that actually do matter and cause alot of complaining. All the traps are "toggle-able" by anyone. One of the deadly ones is a hammer that basically whacks you in the face when you're walking up the stairs. The other deadly one is a tripwire that explodes when passed. It has to be activated though. The issue with this trap is it's infinite. It can explode as many times as it wants. If a person places a prop in front of the wire it'll start exploding a ton and eventually crash the server/lag it.

As for general policy on the traps, the hammer trap is fine to activate, not traitorous. But if you sit at the top of the stairs and activate it as soon as someone comes up it with intent to get them killed, that is RDM.

10. Chii

Oh wow the only traps i found on the map were the exploding fridge and the posion trap, i still think its a fun map. I wonder if someone knows how to change them into T traps maybe?

11. shadowdragoon66

shadowdragoon66 hic sunt draconis VIP

There is an exploding fridge and poison trap? I only know about the hammer, exploding barrel launcher in the basement, and the laser grid trap. But, yes, all the traps can be activated by anyone. I don't think this map will be a good fit for the server because the map barely has any weapons and ammo and I could see at least half the server not getting any weapons or ammo if the map is left as is, so highwon would have to rearm the map. Also, the traps could cause the temptation for some people to rdm and I doubt the solution would be as easy as turning them into traitor traps. The size also might be a bit tricky to pull off for 36 people.

12. Snak

Snak Banned

Yea It's a really good map, but the traps are going to be a pain in the ass to moderate unless your constantly spectating and watching them :p It will not show in the log's who toggles the traps and just like any good troll people will abuse this too the end of time..

13. Yawn.

Yawn. Previously known as Kindle, Books, Pages.

Thinking about it now, before we go through with this we may want to have it changed a tad before it's added to the server. It's not only about the lack of T-specific traps, but there are numerous bugs. For example, anyone can put a prop in-front of the laser trap on the staircase, activate the laser and it'll cause a continuous (ever re-triggering) explosion that instantly kills anyone who comes remotely close to it.

14. I like this map. I was just talking about this map in shoutbox not that long ago lmao, just never got around to requesting it cus all my suggestions are apparently crap.

However I am+1 this map there are plenty of maps we have with traps that are activated by anyone such as FAN on dolls. or the fake T tester in 67thway (the yellow and black one)

so yes add this classic.

15. The Seventh

The Seventh Bloom. VIP

The traps in dolls, etc. are not nearly as dangerous as the explosion trap on richland in terms of harm it can do to the server. The tripwire trap can be left on for the entire round by simply placing a prop in front of it, and it will continue exploding until either a spectator moves the prop, or the round ends. It can easily be activated by a spectator moving a prop into the tripwire as well. These explosions kill anyone who come close, and causes lag with the potential of crashing the server. It's a fun map, but I feel like the negatives of the traps are a bit too much.

16. Chii

Yeah it was just a thought
    if the map could somehow me altered in a way for t's to only use the traps it would be really fun

17. Need this map now!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

Even with the fixed version of richland, there's a crash exploit present within the map. It is most likely in this version too, so I have to give this a -1, although the likelihood that it would've been added seems pretty slim.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Sir Ceil

Sir Ceil Member

Why the heck wasn't this map on in the first place lol. Great TTT map.