Invalid Report against Report against Rice

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Zach, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zach

Zach VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    Report against Rice
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:

Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Which Map:
    ttt_minecraftcity_v4
    Which Round:

Time of Occurence:

Reason For Report:
    Rice gave me an 8 hour ban for arguing with him over the definition of harassment. He claimed I was harassing a player for calling him a bitch one time because he RDMed me. Several players witnessed the other player causing issues, and Rice being incredibly rude and argumentative to me for no reason. I'm a VIP player and have consistently supported Serious TTT for over a year now, and I really don't appreciate being treated so poorly by staff of a server I'm giving money to.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    Emma_Reads_Books was there for the whole thing​

2. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

Do you have any visual evidence that shows @Rice acting unprofessional? If so, then please provide the evidence (screenshots or videos) in the report.

He will be responding as soon as he can. I will be tagging @Toxin as well since he is Rice's admin and will give the final call on whether Rice acted unprofessionally in that situation.

3. Im on the server right now emma said she would be posting pics or something like that

4. Azaelus

Azaelus I want to break free VIP Silver Emerald

I got a video of it. 25-30 seconds before Zach got banned. Currently processing

5. Okay there we go many people are finding the post

6. Azaelus

Alright, I got it

Rice Rebuttal 1.png

I have to say that Rice did the right thing. Even if Rice did act unprofessionally, talking about this issue on the server with little kids is kinda wrong don't you think?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  7. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

You were 1st warned previously about making various black/racist jokes. You were warned. You then continued with harassing @Pleb and calling him names like motherfucking bitch, which you were then kicked. You came back and continued with other players to argue the fine definition of what is and isn't harassment, which is fine but what isn't fine is when you continue to use the words for that player when you came back.

Please be patient while I upload the demo. This is right after the map change on either round 1 or 2.

Thanks,

EDIT: to be fair the ban should have said not multiple players but just 'continued harrasment'

8. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

DEMO. The whole situation went over mic chat with Zach. I would also like to point out his past report on Bobasawr of being 'rude'.

I don't believe I was incorrect in the ban, nor was I being rude or disrespectful in anyway. If anything I was very lenient and patient with you, with your constant cry for attention when you were slain.

EDIT: found 1 image that was for an RDM & leave, but shows one of the players arguing.

9. Zach

Zach VIP

I called Pleb a bitch because he called me names, I was warned for jokes that I STOPPED MAKING once I knew somebody was offended. Most players were laughing, but when you/pleb complained I stopped. Then Pleb called me an asshole and said I was a bad person, I said "I'm black, so quit your whining you little shit". Then you kicked me, and warned him, and you banned me for arguing with you, not when I called the RDMer a "bitch ass nigga" for gunning me down, you argued with me for like 5 minutes, being rude and saying things like "lol funny", and then banned me. I was not harassing players, if anything you were specifically targeting me due to the fact you were offended. The only person with a continued issue with me was you, me and Pleb dropped it, and the RDMer I yelled at didn't even say anything.

10. Azaelus

I'll tag @Pleb to this report.

11. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

You most definitely said more than calling him a "little shit". Saying "lol funny" was more towards you attempting to downplay your harassment. Saying that because it was not continued (it was), and that it was not unwanted (it was), that this does not constitute harassment. Another player even read the exact same line from the same link. Let me say that I do not 'target' players. It became and issue because you along with Emma, and the screenshotted player continued to argue what was essentially nothing.

12. Rek

Rek Ø

Just admitted to harassing.
    Harassing is subjective, calling someone a "bitch ass niger" is offensive to many people. Including many on those on the server and especially who you called it to.

The point here is that you were arguing with a Moderator who was trying to do his job and keep the servers clean. You were harassing players and not obeying him. Disrespecting him in that sense.

Rice is very respectable and old mod. He was not targeting you, rather trying to prevent anymore harassment.

13. Zach

Zach VIP

It was not continued, also, harassment implies it's not going both ways. Insulting someone who is actively insulting you can't really be called harassment. And if we were arguing, how am I harassing anyone? You don't ban people for harassment when they argue, that's what the mute function is for.

14. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

Let me also point out the reason that Pleb "dropped it" was because he wasn't even in the server any more lol.

15. Zach

Zach VIP

@Chaotic, you didn't witness it, why are you even commenting on this? I was not harassing players, I was actively arguing with another player that was doing the same.

Also: as you said, it's subjective. That's why when Rice and the other player said they were offended I stopped. Rice banned me for arguing over the definition of harassment, the actual "harassing" behavior is what I was kicked for, I stopped afterwards.

16. Rek

Rek Ø

Zach if you would simply read the !motd protocol. We have to ban for harassment. We would not just leave you muted and gagged. I am commenting on this because you apparently don't understand what harassment is and our rules and you refuse to listen to Rice.

17. Zach

Zach VIP

Says to kick first, he kicked me and I STOPPED, then he banned me for arguing. And the other player insulted me and I insulted him back, how is that harassment? This is just you standing up for your friend

And the mute/gag I meant if the arguing was annoying him, it was spam, and he should have muted BOTH of us, not banned ONE of us

18. Zach

Zach VIP

Also:

harassment
    (either harris-meant or huh-rass-meant) n. the act of systematic and/or continued unwanted and annoying actions of one party or a group, including threats and demands. Thepurposes may vary, including racial prejudice, personal malice, an attempt to force someone to quit a job or grant sexual favors, apply illegal pressure to collect a bill, or merely gainsadistic pleasure from making someone fearful or anxious. Such activities may be the basis for a lawsuit if due to discrimination based on race or sex, a violation on the statutorylimitations on collection agencies, involve revenge by an ex-spouse, or be shown to be a form of blackmail ("I'll stop bothering you, if you'll go to bed with me"). The victim may file apetition for a "stay away" (restraining) order, intended to prevent contact by the offensive party. A systematic pattern of harassment by an employee against another worker maysubject the employer to a lawsuit for failure to protect the worker. (See: harass, sexual harassment)

Copyright © 1981-2005 by Gerald N. Hill and Kathleen T. Hill. All Right reserved.

19. Azaelus

"including threats and demands. The purposes may vary, including racial prejudice". That's exactly what you did according to your statement: : "I said "I'm black, so quit your whining you little shit" and "I called the RDMer a "bitch ass nigga". Even if they did insult you, you continued to do so after they stopped. Which is why Rice and You got into an argument about it.

20. Zach

Zach VIP

I didn't continue doing it after they stopped...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.