Invalid Report against Frostedblade

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by PlayGamesHaveFun, Feb 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PlayGamesHaveFun

PlayGamesHaveFun New Member

Name of Staff/Player:
    Frostedblade
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:

Which Server:
    East 1
    Which Map:
    dolls
    Which Round:
    I think 1 round till map change
    Time of Occurence:
    I don't remember
    Reason For Report:
    So it started when there was a KOS on Fuego I killed him and Unrecognized gamer who was with Fuego. I killed Unrecognized Gamer because he didnt follow up with the active kos that was on Fuego. After that Unrecognized Gamer reported me for killing him and Frosted Blade slayed me.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

2. BeautifulButterfly

BeautifulButterfly Float like a butterfly VIP

@FrostedBlade

Typically, it you are not allowed to kill people for refusing to kill a KOSed person. The rule that could be applicable here is called Guilt by Association. IF you had been the one KOSing Fuego because for example he had a harpoon out and Unrecognized Gamer had enough time to realize this traitorous act, you could kill him for not killing someone for a traitorous act.

However in this situation he could have not seen the KOS, or just not know if it was real coming from a traitor or an innocent as he may not have seen the action that lead to the KOS. Because of this uncertainty unless you witness the KOSed player committing a traitorous act as well as the second player not responding, it is considered RDM to kill someone just for not killing someone who is KOSed.

I have a feeling this is why Frostedblade slayed you, but I will leave it to him to respond.

3. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Report invalid.

You cannot kill a player for refusing to follow a KOS. No where on our !motd does it say not killing a player who is KOSed is traitorous. It is their choice whether or not they choose to follow it. The KOS may have been false and following it would result in their inevitable death or loss of karma. Additionally, what if they simply did not know a KOS was placed? The only time something like this would be considered traitorous is when a player witnesses another player commit a traitorous act and applies no effort in killing them, this is called "Guilty by Association". Feel free to PM me here on the forums for further inquires.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.