Invalid Report against Finn

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Jim_Lahey, May 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim_Lahey

Jim_Lahey VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    Finn
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    Steam_0:1:26774498
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:41054697
    Which Server:
    East 2
    Which Map:
    Bank
    Which Round:
    Either first or second
    Time of Occurence:

Reason For Report:
    So I witnessed a t kill an innocent and try and run from the body. I shot and killed the t, and before I could even walk towards the body, Sir Lemoncakes(Detective) shoots me. Now from my understanding of making this mistake in the past, this requires a slay. Finn claims that the detective can shoot anyone shooting at anyone, as long as it's within 5 seconds of the kill. Even Sir Lemoncakes admitted he jumped the gun at the incident.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    [​IMG]
    Please pardon my bs comment, I was slightly salted.​

2. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

@Sir Lemoncakes is a witness to this report so he will give his account of the situation. @Finn will also respond to this report. To finish it off, I will be tagging Finn's lead admin, @Darktooth , who will give his verdict to the report.

3. Finn

Finn Human VIP

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to file this report. Our job as staff is to inform and uphold the rules, and, clearly, someone did not inform you correctly on our 5-second rule, or "Grace Period". I will now attempt to rectify this.

-There is a 5 second grace period after killing a T where, if killed in this time, the accused player will not be punished for killing the proven player (5 seconds accounts for the confusion there might be).

Johnnnny.png

So. In this case, you saw a T kill an innocent man, and, correctly, you killed that T. Unfortunately, our esteemed @Sir Lemoncakes did not see the T kill the innocent, he just saw you kill another player in front of him. So he shot and killed you. As you can see by the logs, he did this well before you ID'd the body, in fact you were in the process of ID'ing it while you were dieing. Kind of a bummer.

Now, is this the best way to play, or the nicest? No. But it IS perfectly legal, and non-slayable. Hopefully this makes sense to you, if not, I really don't know how else to break it down.

I'll leave it to @Darktooth to finish this up.

Have a good one.

4. Slicck

Slicck Advisor VIP Silver

You don't have to wait for people to ID bodies, Finn is in the right.

Report invalid, and locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.