Invalid Report against Carned

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Rozboon, Jan 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    Carned
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    STEAM_0:1:40186580
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:6055869
    Which Server:
    West 1
    Which Map:
    TTT_community_pool_overhaul_b3
    Which Round:
    3 or 4, forget.
    Time of Occurence:
    3:33am pst
    Reason For Report:
    Mostly to confirm for killing on sound, was a T, killed a D, ran into the changing room and alt tabbed to check something, little while later Carned kills me because he heard the shooting and "common sense" it was me because there were no doors open (the doors can be closed xD). He didn't see me do it at all.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    [​IMG]

2. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

@Carned will respond as soon as he can and his current admin in charge, @Opalium , will finish it off after his response.

3. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Hey Roz.

Skip to 1:41 in this video and you can see me firstly, catch you in the killing positon and the shots coming from your direction.
    And as explained in the report, the doors make sound when they are opened or closed and none of that happened.

The video shows all needed to prove that common sense was used here.

@Opalium

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  4. Rozboon

Actually, there was the door next to me that was open, you said you heard no doors open, and can't quite make out from the video whether you can hear when it does open.

5. Carned

Let me edit and up the audio to reflect what I heard.

6. Carned

Audio up as loud as I can get it, the doors is just adding onto the fact that I can see and hear you shoot as I'm typing in chat. All adds into a common sense kill.

7. Rozboon

Still can't hear the door open, not sure if its because stevens voice overlaps it or what, so can't really go off the whole "didn't hear any doors open or close" logic.

8. Carned

The audio is as loud as I can make it, I have gmod volume set considerably louder than it shows here.

I've proven this is common sense and will let Opal finish it up.

9. Rozboon

I got my sound turned up to the point that my ears won't bleed and can't hear the door open, which in a way shows that you can't go off the sound of doors being closed or open as "Logic" in this case. It was also long enough in the round for someone else to be in the room before/with me, and with the amount of places one could go, it kills the logic ideology.

10. Rozboon

11. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Hey Rozboon, sorry for the waiting.

As shown in the video that Carned provided, he was able to gather enough evidence to mark you as the one who made the kill. Since no doors were opened/closed in the area you were located in, the path Carned takes in the video is the only path you could've went. Doors in the game are designed to have a distinctive, noticeable sound, as they play an important role in it. After reviewing the video multiple times with the sound turned up high, I can confirm that no doors were opened/closed by you. Given the time it took Carned to reach that area, it isn't possible that someone was able to run through the room, get to the other side and close the door behind him before Carned reach it. This eliminates the possibility that someone else was there. All these factors lead to the conclusion that this is a valid common sense kill.
    Therefore, I will be marking this report INVALID.

Thank you for your time.
    ~Opalium

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.