Completed Report against Azure

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Super Obaman, Oct 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Super Obaman

Super Obaman Member

Name of Staff/Player:
    Azure
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    STEAM_0:1:27307700
    Which Server:
    West 1
    Which Map:
    Train
    Time of Occurence:
    4:00 AM - 4:10 AM
    Reason For Report:
    Here's the scenario. We are on the map Train and I'm walking ontop of the train to get to the front. I enter the hole to get inside and I see two detectives standing there and they instantly say "I think it's Bear Punch." Even though they haven't seen me all game and most people were still alive. I turn to go out the other door way and I see a fire from a incendiary grenade. So, while I wait for the fire to die down I go back and join the Detectives. I pick up a black chair and slowly turn to face both doors and the Detectives instantly say "Kill Bear Punch, he's trying to prop kill." And instantly blast me in the face. And naturally, I report him. Azure goes on to give the person who killed me a slay. All good right? Apparently not. Azure asks in chat why he killed me and he replies with "He was trying to prop kill me ask (other Detective's name)." Then Azure asks if I was trying to prop kill them. I say no, I wasn't even near them with the chair. I did no damage to them with the chair and I wasn't pushing them into anything hazardous. Regardless, Azure removes the slay and I instantly say What the fuck. He goes on to tell me that he is going on Word vs Word. I have never heard of such a bullshit reason for removing a slay. He's going on this guys word and his word alone. The I retaliate by saying. "Okay from now on when someone is holding a prop I'm going to instantly kill them whether it's explosive or not and when I get report I'm going to reply with 'OH HE WAS TRYING TO PROP KILL HE HAD A BARREL IN HIS HAND." Because that's basically what this guy had done. Azure tells me "No, because that would be abusing a loophole." And a once again remind him that was what that guy did me and he stops responding.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    The map has already changed so I wasn't able to get screenshots of what happened, but Okai was there when this was happening, as I was replying to Azure via @.​

2. Thorn

Thorn A Thorn in your side. VIP

Well what happens for staff that do not see what happens, only see that you have used your magneto stick and that means you have picked something up and could be killing someone. They way that this describes it, this is indeed a word vs word and nothing can be done. A word vs word situation means one player says this and another player says that. And so as to prevent a biased opinion, we as staff are not able to do anything about it. Anyways @Azure will respond when he can.

3. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

In a situation where we only have two people's words, we opt to not take punishment as we do not like to accidentally punish innocent players. It's entirely possible that from the detective's point of view that you became a threat, we don't know, We weren't watching and you/anyone else don't have a recording of the event. We're not trusting his word over yours, we're simply deciding not to punish someone since we have reasonable doubt.

Also I would suggest that you don't stoop to your offender's level because we will eventually catch you in the act and then in that case, we can trust someone's word over yours since you will have proven to be untrustworthy.

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, and unfortunately Azure didn't have enough evidence to prove him guilty of RDM.

4. Azure

Azure Into each life some rain must fall. VIP

Hi, Bear Punch!
    As I have already explained to you in-game, I couldn't slay him since, as was explained above, this was a word versus word situation. Even if we have your version of what happened, he was telling me that you were trying to kill him with the prop. (I put the slay on him because he sent me a blank response and did not reply to me at first, but revoked it when he finally sent me his version of the facts).
    In these situations, we do not slay the reported player since it would often lead to people getting wrongfully slayed.

Be assured that we pay close attention to people lying in reports to get away with RDM and that they will be dealt with accordingly when they are caught.

Thank you for your report!
    @Darktooth

5. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

Every post in this thread is a meaningful explanation of what happened.

In basic terms: The situation could not reach a verdict because it was your word vs his. If a staff member does not have concrete evidence that an RDM has taken place, and we have to go by two people's words against each other, it's almost impossible to get a fair verdict.
    If you are caught loophole trolling, harsher actions will be taken against you. Do you want to be known as an untrustworthy player on our servers just because you got killed once in a crummy scenario? I don't think so.

Report found invalid. Topic locked. Thank you to @Event Horizon and @Thorn for clearing this up while I was asleep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.