Invalid Report against Azaelus

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by billy_badass, Sep 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billy_badass

billy_badass New Member

Name of Staff/Player:
    Azaelus
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:

Your Steam ID:
    Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Which Map:
    minecraftcity_V4
    Which Round:
    round 4
    Time of Occurence:
    around 6pm
    Reason For Report:
    I was banned by Azaelus for the reason of ghosting. Ive tried twice now to appeal the ban with no attention even given to the matter. The issue is I sent a message saying who a traitor is to another player, but, the player i sent it to was also a traitor and according to your rules it has to be "in game events they are not yet aware of" to be ghosting. The fact that he was a traitor means that he already knows who the traitors are;
    Ghosting
    • Using third party chat to inform player of in-game events they are not yet aware of.
    • This includes using in-game private chat, admin chat, steam chat, Skype, TeamSpeak, etc.
    • This includes giving away information about yourself.
    • Using public chat, team chat and spectator chat will ensure you aren't ghosting. Any other forms of communication could result in inadvertently ghosting and we will enforce it.
    To clear up the reason the message was sent, its a mind game, I called out his T buddy and him but in a private message so that I would be the one to kill them for more points rather than just calling a KOS. But seeing as this is causing alot of issue I will no longer use this strategy in game.

Note: after getting 2 appeals denied i went to Azaelus' page to try and reason with him and once I sent a comment stating the specific rules and how Im not ghosting he deleted my post and now refuses to reply and unfortunately I have to report him because a 28 day ban for this is insane. I believe Azaelus is in the wrong for banning me and all i ask is the ban from SGM Vanilla server be removed.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    As you see here I sent the message to a traitor meaning he already knew about that "in game event" according to your rules this does not fall under ghosting. The rules are very specific. Because he is a traitor he knows who the other traitors are meaning I did not "inform player of in-game events they are not yet aware of."
    [​IMG]

2. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

3. Shadow™

Shadow™ What it do Shortyyyy™ VIP

Hey @billy_badass i told @Azaelus you were ghosting to me because as stated above you pmed me and said Edward was a T and sadly he was my fellow t buddy as you know Serious TTT does not like ghosters so I told @Azaelus to look the the screenshot to make sure you were ghosting which you were cuz he was a T buddy. Just because Edward and the other person was ghosting that doesn't give you a chance to ghost to other people like me and @Azaelus gave you the full reason you got banned in your ban appeal so I mean this was ghosting threw Pm's luckily I was a t and i could confirm that Edward was a T To so in result you got banned for 4 weeks
    just because Edward and someone else is ghosting does not give you the right/reason to ghost with anyone else
    (I was apart of this so plZ don't give meh a warning as I told @Azaelus to look and at the ghosting ss to ban you)

~Shadow

4. Shadow™

Shadow™ What it do Shortyyyy™ VIP

And also in your innocent reasons above still that doesn't mean you can ghost and how could you have known I was a T?
    I didn't do anything nor kill anyone so
    How could u have known?

Also I will quote you "Note: after getting 2 appeals denied i went to Azaelus' page to try andreason with him and once I sent acomment stating the specific rules and how Im not ghosting he deleted mypost and now refuses to reply andunfortunately I have to report himbecause a 28 day ban for this is insane."
    As you said this on his page you could have also started a convo like @HelixSpiral said in your second ban appeal just making sure u knew about the convos we have on the website

5. Han

Han       VIP

I'll be responding to this when I have the chance. In the meantime, this thread will be locked.

6. Han

Han       VIP

Hey Billy, thanks for being patient while I've gotten around to typing up my verdict.

You are correct when you quote the motd that defines ghosting as "Using third party chat to inform player of in-game events they are not yet aware of." However, this is only one example of ghosting. Consider what is said in the extended rules of ghosting: "Ghosting is the act of providing round-related game-influencing information to a player, or players, through means of third party communications." Here, it doesn't state that the ghosted information is required to be information that the player receiving the information is unaware of. To utilize an actual example, Player A may be aware that Player B is a traitor because he witnessed him doing a traitorous act. However, if Player C, who in this scenario is dead, messages Player A that Player B is a traitor, it still is defined as ghosting.

Moving on towards my second point, it is true that you sent this information to a traitor, but it is necessary to consider your intentions in doing that. How did you know he was a traitor if he hadn't killed anyone that round? How could you be positive that he wasn't just a RDMing innocent? There's the possibility that you may have seen him disguised, but that's a pretty small window, considering the disguiser was only on for eight seconds. In your second appeal, you state that you sent the message to get a point across, but in this report you say it's because you intended to KOS them silently and get the kills yourself for more points? While I can understand wanting to get the kills yourself, the fact that your story has changed makes your justification here somewhat unbelievable.

However, if we grant that you did observe that Unknown was a traitor by a foolproof method - such as enabling his disguiser - it still doesn't change the fact that it is ghosting. To repeat the quote from the extended rules, ghosting is "the act of providing round-related game-influencing information to a player, or players, through means of third party communications." By informing Unknown that his traitor buddy was KOS'd, you opened the door to information that could influence the game. For example, Unknown could have told his T buddy via traitor chat that he was silently KOS'd by you, which would give that T buddy an advantage. To take a different approach, Unknown could have chosen to stay away from his now-KOS'd T buddy, as he would want to avoid being killed for GBA if that teammate fought back. Finally, there's even the extreme possibility that he was utterly clueless who his teammates were, and that he altered his gameplay upon receiving that information.

I understand that some of those examples may appear farfetched, yet I know from personal experience the second one is entirely possible. And while those things may not have happened, you still provided information that could be game-influencing, which would qualify as ghosting.

I want to add as a final note that this wasn't a decision made solely by me. Azaelus came to me for my opinion, and I gave him a tentative yes before consulting with other admin and ultimately my lead. All were unanimous in the agreement that this would be ghosting.

I'm going to be locking this thread as it is an invalid report, but if you have any questions concerning this verdict, you can just start a forum convo with me. You're entirely free to play on our other servers as your ban expires.

Report invalid.
    Thread locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.