Refunding of points, If proved RDM

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by kyle., May 20, 2014.

?

So implement it?

1. Yes.

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. NO!

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. with some changes.

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. kyle.

kyle. VIP

So my suggestion to you guys is when a person buys traitor and is killed by a RDM'er that their points are refunded.
    i know many times bought and 2 secs later i was rdm'd
    so the points will only be refunded if the person was found to be rdm'd.

good opinion myself.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

We, admins, can currently only refund a T or D round if you were RDM'd within 30 seconds of a round start.

• Like Like x 1
  3. shadowdragoon66

shadowdragoon66 hic sunt draconis VIP

I do this as well at the expense of my own points.

4. Patrick

Patrick Ex-Deathrun Administrator VIP Silver

I will refund it if I am the RDMR, otherwise I will let them know their RDMR is being slain, and that I am not the one who owes them points.

5. xTimmonZ

xTimmonZ If I'm a traitor, you're a victim. VIP

I agree, but only to a certain degree.
    1st. The RDM would have to occur within the first 10 seconds of gameplay. This is because a person could buy traitor, play a nearly-full round then beg for one of their Tbuddies/friends to RDM them in order to receive a refund.
    2. If the player kills anyone during the round that they are RDM'd, the refund cost should be lowered.
    3. Yeah...i had something to go here, but I think I've stated enough.

6. Krys

Krys Gives Explosive Hugs VIP

The official stance on this as told to me is:
    1) you must not have committed a traitorous act yet
    2) you must have been RDMd within the first 30 seconds of the round

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Just a note for the mods. If you do want players to receive points and don't want them to be your own points let the player know that you will make a note on their admin stats for a point refund being needed; the player can then request an admin to check stats next time they are only for a note. Make sure they request in Adminchat so it doesn't cause a large chain of requests. Make sure to include server, map, and round for the admin to cross reference; date and time will be there from the note.

Example:
    Refund request-East-Dolls-Round 3

The admin can then check logs to make sure everything is accurate and refund the player their 240-600 points.

8. Krys

Krys Gives Explosive Hugs VIP

And for the love of God, include the time. You can do !thetime or wait till map changes and find it in the older round logs.

9. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Date and time are included in the note. Time stamps vary from time zone to time zone, if I'm not mistaken.