Denied Ragman's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Ragman, Dec 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragman

Ragman hool-moh-goh-bow-bigga-bogga-walnum-bodgish-misjoo Banned VIP

Your In Game Nickname:
    Ragman
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:46145050
    Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Why you should be unbanned:
    Because I believe I was banned for a crime I didn't commit.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    Me and my friend "Dembeans" were playing on the EU vanilla minecraft server when I killed Dembeans as the round started due to the fact he accidentally let slip he was a traitor in a skype call. I was then slain by Drunk Dog, without a report due to the fact he believed I was RDMing. Fair enough. Thats not why I was banned though. I was banned due to the fact then when me and Dembeans tried to explain the situation, by saying we were talking on skype and I deduced he was a traitor. We were both banned for ghosting after explaining that what we were doing wasn't ghosting.

We both take extreme care when talking on skype to not ghost as it ruins the game and as an admin on a previous server (Roof on Fire), I know how annoying it is to deal with.

Me and dembeans tried to explain it was only ghosting if one of us was already dead when we conveyed the information but Dog was having none of it and banned us for ghosting. We always do our best to call it out on the official channels Eg. the T commands - to show when people are traitors but on this occasion we were next to eachother and had to act quick.

We were both alive when he told me he was a traitor however were banned for ghosting. Huge fan of the server and quite dissapointed this had to happen​

2. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

@Drunk Dog is the one who banned you for Ghosting. He will respond as soon as he can with his evidence. Please be patient!

3. Ragman

Ragman hool-moh-goh-bow-bigga-bogga-walnum-bodgish-misjoo Banned VIP

Thanks!

4. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

Hi Ragman, hope you and your friend are having a good day, regardless of the ghosting ban.

Here's what lead to your ban.

1 second into a round, you started shooting your friend, "dembeans". Usually we take damage done in 0 seconds or 1 second into the round as RDM, as there's generally no real valid reason anyone would have to start killing someone that soon into the round, as nothing can really happen. So after witnessing that first-hand, then in the logs and checking to see if he had shot first or something (which he had not), I issued a slay on you for RDM. To which you then went on to tell me your reasoning, seen here:

[​IMG]
    Your reasoning was "he said he was on skype". Which I first took as, the guy you killed said "I'm on skype", so you killed him. Therefor, since that's not a valid reason to kill someone, I kept the slay on.

You later let out some more information, or just worded your original sentence "He said he was on skype" better.
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, you both admit that in your skype call, your friend had said "I'm a traitor" to you.

Here's a section from the rules that outlines what we count as "ghosting"
    [​IMG]
    By your friend telling you, "I'm a traitor" in Skype, and you using that information to kill him, you both were technically ghosting, and were therefor banned. Because of which, I'm going to deny this appeal, and hope in the future that you avoid ghosting, whether on purpose or not.

You can both still play on our other TTT servers while banned. Have a good day,

Drunk Dog.

Edit: Just to make this clear: You do not have to be dead for it to be considered ghosting.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.