Denied Racewar's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Racewar, Jul 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Racewar

Racewar New Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    we out here we grindin
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:23926739
    Which Server:
    West
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I don't understand how i could be banned or even gagged for the way i speak, I'm a very positive person and feel the ban wasn't he right course of action that was used against me, cause we out here tryna play some quality TTT but, I can't do so without communicating with my team mates. The mod at the time told me to stop talking, I was speaking in my normal tone, I spoke like i normally do in real life, a couple of people in the server were backing me up, saying she's abusing her powers because she's annoyed of how i sound. I believe that is it's extremely unprofessional, this may be a video game but mods/admins/members need to uphold the image of the clan/community, you don't mute someone simply because you don't like how they sound, I didn't want to bring it to the forums I thought that the mod Puddles could handle this with more maturity. Svensk came into the server towards the end of this predicament so im 100% sure he wouldn't know whats up. Not only did this mod insult me as a culture but she also insulted me as as person, I'm a very positive motivating kind of guy, so i talk a lot, but not to the point where it'd be considered mic spamming like she called it, not even 5 minutes into when i first joined she had already told me to stop talking. I understand that this is a command from a mod, but should power go that far as to making someone stop talking simply because 2 person has some sort of vendetta with the way we're speaking, the thing is there's a button for that, you can personally mute people so you don't have to hear them, that's why i feel she acted out of line. I don't wish for her to be reprehended because we all make mistakes, but i should be unbanned because of how she went about this
    Evidence of Innocence:

2. Rek

Rek Ø

@puddles banned you for micspam

She'll respond when she can.
    However, keep in mind this is an 8 hour ban so more than likely by the time she gets back to you the ban will be expired.

Feel free to play on our other 6 servers and please be patient!

Thanks mate!

3. zomborg

zomborg "She's like a little Satan." - CDriscoll 2015 VIP

Hello "we out there we grindin".

I banned you for mic spam because you every time you said something over mic chat, you said "we out here ____" or "it's ya boy _____" "Oh you know we out here again, we grindin" etc. This was over about 2.5 maps, starting on Clue if I recall correctly. I warned you multiple times to stop using the same phrases a mentioned above because they were causing irritation with other players ( theCbass ) . Not once did I ask you to stop talking altogether, I just asked you to refrain from repeating the same phrases every time you spoke over voice chat. It's unfortunate that you took what I said as that way and I apologize for not making that clear on my end.

I brought the situation up to my admin @Muffin and he confirmed with me that saying the same phrases over and over does qualify as mic spam. I was very generous with the punishments with this because I was hoping that not saying a certain phrase wouldn't be nearly as difficult, but it seemingly was.

I punished you according to our protocol for mic spam. I will let Muffin decide what to do in this case, but I don't think a 1 day ban on a single server is too terribly long.

Thanks,
    puddles

4. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

As Puddles said, I gave her permission to act on this. You were frustrating the players that were on at the time, and making the server less enjoyable for others.

With that being said, this appeal as been denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.