Denied Quinnbee808's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Quinnbee808, Aug 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quinnbee808

Quinnbee808 New Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    Quinbee808
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:29261557
    Which Server:
    East2
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I'm at a Loss for what I did wrong? Difference of Moderator Opinion and also not getting a reference everyone was making? I feel I should Post the entire background of the phrase which got me banned in order to show it.

We were playing TTT on the 67th Way Map, where the cars hit and kill people. A fun idea we had was to call the drivers of these Cars Uber drivers, referencing the car company of the same name. We were protesting them as Taxi Drivers, when someone called them JEwish. The Phrase was now "Jewish Uber Drivers", which another player subsequently shortened to Just "Jewber". "Jewber" came to be a fun phrase, which wasn't used as a racial phrase, but instead to reference anything we disagreed with, as most of the server did use it. Traitors were "Jewbers", RDMers were "Jewbers", nothing was meant to be racist, it was used akin to calling someone a Jerk or whatnot, I assure there was NO racial motivation behind the name, and it was just a carryover through rounds on what to call unsavory types of players or Traitors.

I believe the phrase was what ended up getting me banned, which I feel I should appeal, due to the circumstances surrounding it. The admin "DieKasta" Heard the phrase multiple times as he was on, and never had an issue with it. We all thought therefore there was no issue, as none of us tried to make it one, as explained above. Then the Moderator "POP STAR" Came on and seemed to just start hammering kicks or bans out left and right for purported "Harassment of Ethnic Groups". We Tried to explain the Phrase to him once he came on, and he still considered it harassment, banning me.

I do apologize if it is deemed to be Racist, as, like I have said, I never, nor did it seem any other person on the server, save "POPSTAR" an hour or more after the beginning of the Phrase's use, deem it as such. It was as far as I was concerned, Just another way of calling People Jerks or Traitors.

I love the TTT servers, and I will not continue the use of this language if it is henceforth deemed unacceptable.

-Quinnbee 808
    Evidence of Innocence:

2. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

You were banned by @POPSTAR for harassment.

Please wait for him to respond.

3. POP STAR

POP STAR have a nice day VIP Emerald Bronze

Hello Quinbee808,

Thanks for adequately appealing with the majority of your side. Allow me to explain how what you said ultimately got you banned. As you stated, you and a few other players started throwing around "Jewbers" as a joke. Ultimately saying that the Jewish were to blame for not only the problems in your real life examples, but also in-game dillemas. Not only that, your gang and yourself persisted with the racist humor, even after being warned, by saying jokes such as "BLACK cats are terrible, especially the ones from third world countries" and "BLACK cats are full of diseases" and most notably "BLACK cats should all die". You and your band knew exactly what you were saying.

Now that's where you went south with your jokes. I didn't ask you because I was offended personally, but because you guys used it in excess. I'm not okay with racism, but especially when you've been asked to stop and persist, it's quite valid for me to claim harassment and excessiveness. We do not condone your standards of what you find to be funny. Please take this 24 hour ban to check up on that.

Fond regards,

POP STAR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.