Pro Jihads

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Red, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Red

Red Harbinger of Arceus VIP

Basically, longer jihad time before the explosion, but either bigger explosion or explosion goes through walls.

Put it in the pointshop as an upgrade or make it another item in the T shop.

It would provide more options for jihad sounds, and would make for more interesting gameplay.

• Like Like x 9
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  2. thanemartin4

thanemartin4 Regular Member

+1

3. Perhaps the opposite as well?

Shorter jihad time but smaller explosion.

The only issue I have is that in gmod, Doors>Walls>Props>Jihad

4. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

I say it should at least have added 3 more seconds if it gets that OP
    but I support this because AIR JIHADS
    +1

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Romulus

Romulus The Alpha VIP

+1

6. NeverEnding

NeverEnding It's Never going to end. Trust me on this. VIP

+1, longer duration = longer range

• Like Like x 1
  7. Red

Personally I'm suggesting it mainly because I want longer jihad sounds in. Basically this:

1:00 - 1:05

There were some others as well, but I forget.

• Like Like x 1
  8. xTimmonZ

xTimmonZ If I'm a traitor, you're a victim. VIP

Song ideas for 'pro jihads':
    • Let the bodies hit the floor
    • Wrecking ball
    • Skrillex - Call 911 Now
    • Benny Benassi - Cinema (DDDDDrop the base)

• Like Like x 4
  9. Red

I already have a few sounds in mind (if ever this gets accepted/implemented). I have seen no negative feedbacks as of yet, so I'm very optimistic in this suggestion. My only concern is that if it's possible to be coded.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

I'm gonna have to say no to jihads going through walls. Warnings would be useless in closed environments and T buddies would have to escape much farther away. I can see this being an issue with people "not being given enough warning" and reports following.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

The only counter argument to this not being implemented would be this: "Oh, but c4 can go through walls! Why not Jihads!? >:C" Which, as Rice mentions, would give the admins/mods a harder time getting people to not be dumb with their jihads in the future. C4's have an icon telling them where their traitor buddies placed them, whereas you have to sort of guess where your T-Buddies that have jihads are located as to not get completely fucked over. I'd have to disagree with having this implemented :/

12. Romulus

Romulus The Alpha VIP

"[User] has bought a Jihad Bomb!" Honestly, I think that's enough warning in my opinion. It's the same thing as not reading rules or paying attention to the game and events - you should be penalized for not acknowledging the fact that your traitor buddy has a dangerous tool, ready to use. Surely he/she should give you time to vacate the premises, but if the player is too ignorant to understand the game, the other shouldn't be punished.

13. stormcreator

stormcreator I am The Flying Wombat. Kythol is the bae. <3 VIP

So you are telling me that if a t buddy buys a jihad at the beginning of the round it is my responsibility to stay away for the whole round? How about no.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Romulus

Romulus The Alpha VIP

There's a beautiful thing, that could honestly prevent any issues with this, called communication. Don't be lazy.. on a video game.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. stormcreator

Its called getting a warning....

16. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

Don't know about either of you two above me, but by the time I see the "<name> has bought a Jihad Bomb!" I tend to forget straight away due to me trying to hunt down someone straight when the round begins. Not sure if it'd be possible to accomplish, but if there was a tracking sort of thing, sort of like a traitor on traitor radar thing, then more Jihad Bombing of fellow traitors could probably be reduced. Although I probably should have posted this as part of a suggestions thread in itself.

17. Romulus

Romulus The Alpha VIP

Was I not suggesting that in the first place; communication between the same team?

18. stormcreator

No.

19. shadowdragoon66

shadowdragoon66 hic sunt draconis VIP

Would it be possible to add a little message under someone like with the player's karma rating that shows if your traitor buddy has a jihad?