Approved Prancer's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Santa Claus, Dec 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

Your In Game Nickname:
    Panzer
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:90532048
    Which Server:
    West
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I feel as if the ban type/length was a bit unfair, given what happened.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    I want to start by apologizing to you, @Mr. Rogers . I said some things to you that I shouldn't have. You were once my fellow moderator and I should respect you no matter what.

I felt as if I was being treated unfairly. I was wrong to kill (blatantly) on suspicion. I can see the problem with my attitude yesterday, both before and after the ban. I killed on suspicion, and assumed "oh, it's just a slay; not too bad of a punishment." In my mind, I had killed on suspicion and typed a stupid witty response instead of taking it seriously.

That's why I was global banned for two weeks. I see your point now, and I can't really argue against it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I'd like to talk about why I feel that nobody is on my side: My History

[​IMG]

My "history" starts with an exploiting ban back in August. I openly admitted to using the glitch on innocent motel to my advantage. Not much to say about this; I shouldn't have done it.

I don't remember most of the RDM without staff bans, but I can assume that shit really "hit the fan" when I got reported by @Secretsanta733 for the RDMx6. We played together on a <10 person server for hours, and never did I think I was causing problems. When I was reported, I had no clue what I had done to allegedly RDM the 6 people. If I had a video of everything, I would post it. I felt that it wasn't fair to find my errors each round as he did and save 'em up for a heavy ban.

The "Mass RDM 3x" bans cluttering my ban list make me seem toxic. I was always trained that its only Mass RDM if the kills are all in the same round. @C.A.Anna and @Falcor had their descriptions correct, while @Pacifist and @LegitCake used incorrect semantics.

I am in no way advocating my innocence above. I am trying to explain and appeal from my perspective.

I don't really know what else to say. I assume one could write a novel about me from the amount of adminstats notes I've probably amassed. Maybe I AM the bad guy, or maybe I'm right about certain staff members disliking me. Maybe the ones who like me are "too nice" and need to enforce a more strict set of the rules. After all, this is "Serious" TTT.

Lastly, I want you to look back at my first mod app. I'll admit I've changed a lot since then. One thing is still true though, and that's:
    "If it makes a difference, I apologize personally any time I RDM through messaging."
    I still to this day make an effort to resolve any grudge/hostility I may have caused if I RDM someone.

I've made the mistake of making my farewell already. It was a quick (and stupid) decision to just bail on all my friends here over something temporary such as this.

If there's anything I could say to you, @Mr. Rogers , to improve your behavior, it would be to talk with people before applying your ban. It was really surprising to be immediately be faced with a global ban over something that I could have (potentially) talked over with you about. I had no idea what had happened and at the time I believed it to be a huge misunderstanding.

If you'd like, I'll post a clip of the intentional RDM later, though you said that my response to the report was enough.

Well, that's all I have to say. I'd really like to join everyone in the Christmas event coming up.​

2. Santa Claus

3. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

I'll make an official response to this later on today, but one thing I want to make clear of beforehand: here you mention that the kill was blatant but on Steam yesterday you attempted to argue that it was accidental, why the sudden change of interpitation?

4. Santa Claus

It was something I did without thinking, in other words, I was quick to shoot and slow to think. In my mind I thought "holy smokes this guy is a traitor" without the proper proof.

It was a kill on suspicion that happened very quickly. You already know my response gave away intentional RDM, but I didn't intend for it to sound like that.

5. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

Panzer and I discussed this Appeal on Steam and agreed upon a decision, so the following message is for those reading:

In light of it being the holidays, and me not particularly feeling like being the Grinch who stole Christmas, I decided to shorten the ban length to 5 days, so that he doesn't miss the holiday event. I believe Panzer when he tells me that repetition of trollish behavior wont happen again, and he is aware of the consequences involved in abusing a kindness if he acts inappropriately again on the servers.

Marking this appeal as Accepted, although only partially.

Happy Holidays everyone,
    ~Mr. Rogers

6. Santa Claus

Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.